|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to .If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Fair use rationale for Image:CrystalLewis.jpg
Image:CrystalLewis.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
I haven't researched Crystal, so maybe this is an applicable way to put this. But indicating "her current husband" carries a lot of possibly unintended baggage. Has Crystal been married before? Is a divorce or separation looming?
For a woman who proclaims to be a Christian, saying "current husband" indicates that today's society, contrary to the values of Christianity, considers marriage -- any marriage -- to be a very fleeting thing.
Considering the fundamental beliefs of the Christian faith, if this is Crystal's only marriage to date, it would be far more respectful to simply say "her husband" instead of "her current husband".Dawynn (talk) 19:37, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Agree. I have done a check and there is nothing to indicate she has had more than one marriage. It says here she has been married to Brian Ray for 15 years : http://www.christianmusiclighthouse.com/main/biography/crystallewisbio/index.htm. I have changed it to read "her husband" 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:17, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
She is not divorced
- While this is true, the only source I can find is her blog, and that is not considered a reliable source. But also what is now in the "Personal life" section is not referenced, and since it's not accurate (except for the part about the kids), I think it should be removed. --Musdan77 (talk) 17:23, 24 December 2011 (UTC)
- You should actually read the blog (if the colours worked on any browser without selecting all of the text). It states that in 2009 she and her husband had moved "15 times in the 20 years i’ve been married." And again "i guess when you’ve been married for 20 years and have a couple of kids, things accumulate." What discusses her divorce? There is a reply from "Babs C" in the blog that discusses that author's divorce, but it's not the subject's. So if in 2009 she had been married for 20 years and her oldest child, as mentioned in her live album released in 1999, was not yet 8, I'd say that we have no proof of infidelity or of her children having a step-father. Granted she may have divorced in the past two years, but without a source, it's a WP:BLP issue. --Walter Görlitz (talk) 19:04, 24 December 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Crystal Lewis. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090509105311/http://crystallewis.com/2008/sub_facts.html to http://www.crystallewis.com/2008/sub_facts.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.