This article does not cite any sources. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Taifa of Valencia
Taifa Kingdom of Valencia, c. 1037
|Common languages||Arabic, Mozarabic, Hebrew, Berber|
|Religion||Islam, Christianity (Roman Catholicism), Judaism|
|Historical era||Middle Ages|
• To Toledo
|1099–1102 / 1102–1145|
|1147–1172 / 1172–1229|
• Conquered by Aragon
|Currency||Dirham and Dinar|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taifa of Valencia.|
The Taifa of Valencia was a medieval Moorish taifa kingdom which existed, in and around Valencia, Spain during four distinct periods: from 1010 to 1065, from 1075 to 1099, from 1145 to 1147 and last from 1229 to 1238 when it was finally conquered by the Aragon.
From 1094 to 1099 the kingdom was also famously subject to the rule of legendary military leader Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar.
List of Rulers
Saqlabi dynasty (Servile Rulers)
- Mubarrak: 1010/1–1017 with...
- Muzaffar: 1010/1–1017
- Lab'ib (Tortosa c. 1009–bfr. 1039/40):1017–1019, d. bfr. 1039; with...
- Muyahid (in Denia 1010/2–1045): 1017–1021, d. 1045
- 'Abd al-'Aziz: 1021–1061
- 'Abd al-Malik al-Muzzaffar: 1061–1065
- To Toledo: 1065–1075
- Abu Bakr ibn Abd al-Aziz: 1075–1085
- 'Uthman: 1085–1086
- Yahya al-Qadir (in Toledo 1075–1085): 1086–1092
- Abu Ahmad Dja'far: 1092–1094
Dynasty of El Cid
'Abd al-'Aziz dynasty
- Abu 'Abd al-Malik Marwan: 1145
- Abu Muhammad: 1145–1146, d. 1147
'Jyaddid dynasty (restored)