Tage Ivar Roland Danielsson
5 February 1928
|Died||13 October 1985 (aged 57)|
|Occupation||Author, Actor, Comedian, Poet, Director|
|Awards||Guldbaggen Best film|
1971 Äppelkriget (director, script)
1975 Släpp fångarne loss – det är vår! (director, script)
1978 The Adventures of Picasso (director, script)
Tage Danielsson (Swedish pronunciation: [ˈtɑ̌ːɡɛ ˈdɑ̂ːnɪɛlˌsɔn]; 5 February 1928 – 13 October 1985) was a Swedish author, actor, poet and film director. He is best known for his collaboration with Hans Alfredson in the comedy duo Hasse & Tage.
After graduation from Katedralskolan in Linköping, Danielsson matriculated at the University of Uppsala in 1949. There he got involved in student theatre of Östgöta Nation and became a member of the Juvenalorden, as well as serving as vice president of the Uppsala Student Union.
After graduation, Tage Danielsson found work at Sveriges Radio in 1955. From 1959 to 1962 he was the manager for its entertainment department. At his work he came in contact with Hans Alfredson. They started the entertainment production company AB Svenska Ord (Swedish Words Ltd) together in 1961.
In 1972 at the 8th Guldbagge Awards he won the Best Director award for the film The Apple War. At the 12th Guldbagge Awards his film Release the Prisoners to Spring won the award for Best Film. At the 14th Guldbagge Awards his film The Adventures of Picasso won the award for Best Film.
Svenska Ord in general, and Danielsson in particular, excelled in making scorching comments on current events in an illusorily naive and outward-lookingly friendly way that often succeeded to endear even political opponents to his particular brand of humorist humanism. He was also a constant campaigner behind the scene for causes ranging from Anti-Apartheid to Anti-Nuclear to social solidarity, he was also a regular contributor to the anarcho-syndicalist newspaper Arbetaren.
In 1980 he received an honorary doctorate at Linköping University. His death in 1985 was from skin cancer (Malignant melanoma). A statue of him can be seen just outside the grounds of his old school. In 1985 his 1984 film Ronia, the Robber's Daughter, based on Astrid Lindgren's 1981 book Ronia the Robber's Daughter, was entered into the 35th Berlin International Film Festival.
- Swedish Portraits (Svenska bilder) (1964) - Cousin Nr 1
- Docking the Boat (Att angöra en brygga) (1965) - Olsson
- Stimulantia (1967) - (Segment)
- Skrållan, Ruskprick och Knorrhane (1967) - Knorrhane
- Lådan (1968)
- Out of an Old Man's Head (I huvet på en gammal gubbe) (1968) - Bilförare (uncredited)
- The Apple War (Äppelkriget) (1971) - Bernhard Lindberg
- The Man Who Quit Smoking (Mannen som slutade röka) (1972)
- Egg! Egg! A Hardboiled Story (1975) - Head Waiter
- Release the Prisoners to Spring (Släpp fångarne loss, det är vår!) (1975) - Hennes vän
- The Adventures of Picasso (Picassos äventyr) (1978)
- SOPOR (1981)
- P & B (1983) - Drunkard
- Ronia, the Robber's Daughter (Ronja Rövardotter) (1984)
- False as Water (1985) - Party Guest (uncredited) (final film role)
- Gröna hund (1962, TV Movie)
- Gula hund (1966, TV Movie)
- Spader, Madame! (1969, TV Movie) - Gabriel von Löwensköld
- Glaset i örat (1974, TV Movie)
- Svea hund på Göta Lejon (1976, TV Movie)
- "Äppelkriget (1971)". Swedish Film Institute. 2 March 2014.
- "Släpp fångarne loss - det är vår! (1975)". Swedish Film Institute. 6 March 2014.
- "Picassos äventyr (1978)". Swedish Film Institute. 8 March 2014.
- "Berlinale: 1985 Programme". berlinale.de. Retrieved 8 January 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)