|Owned by||Alhijrah Media Corporation |
(Prime Minister's Department)
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Headquarters||Kompleks Islam, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|MyFreeview (Malaysia)||Channel 114 (HD)|
|Astro||Channel 114 (HD)|
|Astro NJOI||Channel 114 (HD) |
|Unifi TV||Channel 114 (HD)|
It is owned and operated by Al Hijrah Media Corporation, a government owned company. It broadcasts from its headquarters in the Islamic Centre Complex, Kuala Lumpur. The station’s management team is headed by Namanzee Harris as Chief Executive Officer under the purview of the Prime Minister’s Office and supervised by the Board Of Directors.
TV Alhijrah began its operations on November 1st, 2010 on a trial basis. It was a government initiative to establish a channel based on Islam and to provide an Islamic perspective through its programs.
The station was officially launched on the 1st Muharram 1432H (7th December 2010) in a ceremony by the then Prime Minister, Najib Tun Razak. The event took place at the TV AlHijrah Digital Broadcasting Centre, Islamic Centre Complex, Kuala Lumpur.
TV AlHijrah broadcasts 24 hours everyday, and is watched globally for Muslim content, the latest news, political commentaries, educational material and Islamic-related entertainment.
- "TV Al Hijrah to promote new medium in Islamic propagation". The Star (English)
- "TV AL HIJRAH ON ASTRO CHANNEL 114 STARTING JUNE 1". Yahoo! News Malaysia (English)
- "Malaysia launches new Islamic TV channel". Al Arabiya Net (English)
- https://www.mstar.com.my/lokal/semasa/2010/11/01/siaran-ujian-tval-hijrah-telah-bermula Siaran Percubaan TV AlHijrah
- "MYTV Broadcasting Digital TV Trial". 6 June 2016. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- "Event for 6 June 2017". The EDGE Markets. 6 June 2017. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Channels - TV, Radio dan Prabayar (official list of all channels available on NJOI)".
- "TV Al Hijrah to promote new medium in Islamic propagation - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 18 May 2019.