The TNT Boys (also known as The Big Shot Trio or Tawag ng Tanghalan Boys) are a Filipino boy band made up of three of the pre-to-early teen finalists of the 2017 television competition Tawag ng Tanghalan Kids. The members are Keifer Sanchez, Mackie Empuerto, and Francis Concepcion. In 2018, TNT Boys won as the grand winner in the second season of Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids. TNT Boys are the first Filipino act to perform in the four franchises of the talent show Little Big Shots in the Philippines, United States, UK and Australia.
2017: Formation from Tawag ng Tanghalan Kids
On June 10, 2017, the Tawag ng Tanghalan Kids (TNT Kids) grand finals was held at ABS-CBN Studio 3. John Clyd Talili emerged as the grand champion, while Keifer Sanchez was declared first runner-up, Mackie Empuerto in third place, and Francis Concepcion in fifth. Vice Ganda was instrumental in forming the trio when the boys guested on his show Gandang Gabi Vice just after the grand finals. Vice asked them to have a singing battle with Beyoncé's "Listen". The boys' performance in Gandang Gabi Vice was critically applauded and went viral on social media, with reaction videos from netizens praising their singing ability. There and then, Vice launched the kids as the TNT Boys.
2018: Talent show visits
In April 2018, the TNT Boys appeared on the Little Big Shots US to sing Beyonce's "Listen". The episode prompted Ellen DeGeneres to tweet Beyonce: "Beyoncé, I hope you watch Sunday’s episode of #LittleBigShots." And just a day after, Little Big Shots released a clip of the performance online. Brian May, one of the members of the British rock band Queen, shared the video on his verified Facebook page, saying "Check out these lovely young lads from the Philippines. Brilliant. Great to see youngsters relating to Queen so well — and enjoying"
In May 2018, TNT Boys participated in the second season of Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids. During the first week of the show, the TNT Boys impersonated the Bee Gees, again receiving critical applause and attracted the attention of the group who tweeted:"Imitation truly is the sincerest from of flattery! Thank you #TNTBoys @YourFacePH for your rendition of "Too Much Heaven". #MyBeeGees," Other notable renditions and impersonations include songs from APO Hiking Society, Destiny's Child, Aegis, The Supremes, Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men, Spice Girls, The Three Tenors, DoReMi (Donna Cruz, Regine Velasquez, and Mikee Cojuangco), Wonder Girls, ABBA (with Sam Shoaf). After 16 weeks of performances and their grand finals impersonation of Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's "Bang Bang", they emerged as the grand winner of the second season, garnering 100% of the judges' and public votes held at UP Theater on August 19, 2018.
On October 14, 2018, the TNT Boys performed at Singaporean President Halimah Yacob's Star Charity (PSC) event in Singapore over the weekend. The three dapper young boys emerged on stage wearing matching maroon suits and treated the attendees of the charity ball to their rendition of Whitney Houston’s "The Greatest Love of All" and Beyoncé's "Listen". After their performance, President Yacob herself went backstage to personally meet and take photos with the boys.
On November 14, 2018, the boys received the Royal Cub Award at the Rawr Awards 2018 from the entertainment blog, LionhearTV. The Royal Cub Award is given to young individuals who possess incredible talent recognized globally by consistently making headlines and trending performances. On November 18, they became a regular performer on ASAP after the show reformatted into ASAP Natin 'To. They received a Rising Pop Child Performer of the Year Award at the PPOP Awards for Young Artists 2018.
On November 30, 2018, TNT Boys broke the record as the country's youngest sold out performers on their first major concert entitled 'Listen: The Big Shot Concert' at the Araneta Coliseum. Their guests included Jed Madela, Vice Ganda, K Brosas, Janine Berdin, Noven Belleza, John Clyde Talili, and the Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids from season 1 and 2.
2019: World tour, more talent shows, and "Starla" theme song
In the series' premiere episode on February 3, 2019, the TNT Boys appeared as contestants on the U.S. reality talent competition The World's Best. During the audition rounds, they garnered a total of 99/100 points from the American and international judges. In the battle rounds, they got a total score of 97. They lost to Naturally 7 in the championship rounds for the group variety category.
In October 2019, the group performed the official theme song for the fantasy drama series Starla, entitled "Ako ang Iyong Bituin".
- Keifer Sanchez, born Davao City, Philippines 25 November 2004 in
- Mackie Empuerto, born Manila, Philippines 8 September 2005 in
- Francis Concepcion, born Zamboanga, Philippines 22 June 2006 in
|July 13, 2018||AEGIS 20BLE Dekada||Smart Araneta Coliseum||Philippines||Guest performers|
|July 28, 2018||TNT All Star Showdown||Smart Araneta Coliseum||Philippines||with fellow TNT artists|||
|September 21, 2018||TNT All Star Showdown Cebu||Hoops Dome, Lapu-lapu City||Philippines||with fellow TNT artists|||
|September 28, 2018||Pinoy Hype 2018||Al Nasr Leisureland, Dubai||Dubai, U.A.E.||with Janine Berdin, BoybandPH|||
|November 16, 2018||Jed Madela XV HIGHER THAN HIGH:
The 15th Anniversary Concert
|Smart Araneta Coliseum||Philippines||Guest performers|
|November 30, 2018||Listen : The Big Shot Concert||Smart Araneta Coliseum||Philippines||Solo concert|||
|February 16, 2019||TNT Boys: A Post-Valentine Special||Thunderbird Resorts and Casinos Rizal||Philippines||Solo concert|
|February 23, 2019||TNT Boys: A Post-Valentine Special||Thunderbird Resorts and Casinos La Union||Philippines||Solo concert|
|April 25, 2019||TNT Boys Listen: The World Tour||Theater at Ace Hotel, Los Angeles||United States||Solo concert|
|April 27, 2019||TNT Boys Listen: The World Tour||Edmonton Expo Center, Alberta||Canada||Solo concert|
|May 2, 2019||TNT Boys Listen: The World Tour||Chabot College Hayward, California||United States||Solo concert|
|August 3, 2019||ASAP Natin 'To Bay Area||S.A.P Center
San Jose, California
|United States||with other Filipino Artists|
|November 16, 2019||ASAP Natin 'To Rome||Palazzo Dello Sport
|with other Filipino Artists|
|December 13, 2019||Filipino Night
OA sa Riyadh
|December 31, 2019||The Grand Countdown to 2020||Resorts World
with Gary Valenciano
|2018||Rawr Awards||Royal Cub Awardee||Won|||
|PPOP Young Artists Awards||Rising Pop Child Performer of the Year||Won|||
|2019||Wish Music Awards: Breaking Boundaries||Breaking Boundaries Award||Won|
|Push Awards||Push Newcomer of the Year||Nominated|
|Push Music Performance of the Year
"TNT Boys as Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven"
|50th Guillermo Mendoza Box Office Entertainment Awards||Promising Male Concert Performers of the Year||Won|||
|National Customers' Choice Annual Awards||Concert Performer of the Year||Won|
|National Customers' Choice Annual Awards||Concert of the Year -Listen: The Bigshot Concert||Won|
|Golden Laurel Media Awards||Breakthrough Music Artist of the Year||Won|
|Aral Parangal||Music Artist of the Year||Won|||
|Best Choice Achievement Awards||Concert Performer of the Year||Won|
|Awit Awards||Favorite Group Artists||Won|
|Awit Awards||Favorite New Group Artists||Won|
|Alta Media Icon Awards||Best Child Performers for TV||Won|
|2020||11th PMPC Star Awards for Music||Group Artist of the Year||Won|
- "Sino ang tatanghaling Grand Champion ng Tawag Ng Tanghalan Kids?". Tawag ng Tanghalan Kids. ABS-CBN Entertainment. June 9, 2017. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- "WATCH: TNT KIDS GRAND FINALS: Jhon Clyd Talili, itinanghal na kauna-unahang Tawag Ng Tanghalan Kids Grand Champion". Tawag ng Tanghalan Kids. ABS-CBN Entertainment. October 24, 2017. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- "WATCH: TNT Boys return to 'Little Big Shots'". ABS-CBN Entertainment. Jun 21, 2018. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- Manhit, Ann. "WATCH: Steve Harvey and Little Big Shots US audience blown away by TNT Boys' talent - PUSH.COM.PH: Your ultimate showbiz hub!". Push. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- Mendoza, Jessie (September 30, 2018). "TNT Boys sing 'Listen' on Little Big Shots Australia 2018". Startattle. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- "Filipino boys wow audience with Bee Gees impersonation". Asian Times. May 26, 2018. Retrieved 11 October 2018 – via MenaFN.
- "These 3 kids pretending to be the Bee Gees are INCREDIBLE". Smooth Radio. May 14, 2018. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- "The TNT boys story: From individual singers to perfect 'Bang Bang' performance". Interaksyon. Philstar Global Corporation. August 27, 2018. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- Martin, Mayo (October 10, 2018). "President Halimah Yacob to perform at President's Star Charity 2018". [Channel NewsAsia]]. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "TNT Boys makes history as youngest artists to sell out a major concert in PH". LionhearTV. 2018-12-11. Retrieved 2019-01-06.
- "What's in store for the TNT Boys that makes them so excited?". LionHeartTV. October 10, 2018. Retrieved October 12, 2018.
- Dimaculangan, Jocelyn. "TNT Boys earns near-perfect score in The World's Best". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- "TNT Boys moving to the next round of 'The World's Best'". Manila Standard. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- News, ABS-CBN. "TNT Boys fall short of 'The World's Best' finals". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2019-03-09.
- "Filipino Power! 'AGT's Angelica Hale To Join The TNT Boys On Tour". Talent Recap. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- ""Tawag ng Tanghalan" singers invade Big Dome for "TNT All Star Showdown"". ABS-CBN Entertainment. July 4, 2018. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- Rule, Karla (September 25, 2018). "Bisaya music highlighted in 'TNT All Star Showdown Cebu'". The Philippine Star. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- "Pinoy Hype Dubai to bring 3 of the Philippines' top performers". UAE: The Filipino Times. August 16, 2018. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- "TNT Boys conquer Araneta Coliseum in first major concert on November 30". ABS-CBN Entertainment. October 18, 2018. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Calderon, Nora. "Kathniel leads 50th Guillermo Box Office Awards winners". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- News, ABS-CBN. "ABS-CBN humakot ng award sa Aral Parangal 2019". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2019-08-30.