Syed Anwarul Haq Haqqi
Prof. Haqqi during his tenure at Middle East Technical University, Ankara, 1985.
|Born||22 January 1922|
|Died||10 February 2010(aged 88)|
|Citizenship|| British India |
|Relatives||Abrarul Haq Haqqi (brother)|
|Alma mater||University of Lucknow |
Aligarh Muslim University
London School of Economics.
|Doctoral advisor||Mohammad Habib|
|Notable works||Indian democracy at the crossroads|
Syed Anwarul Haq Haqqi (also known as S. A. H. Haqqi) (22 January 1922 – 10 February 2010) was an Indian scholar who headed the Political Science department of Aligarh Muslim University for twenty years. He was the younger brother of Abrarul Haq Haqqi.
Haqqi was born on 22 January 1922 in Hardoi. He received a B.A. degree from University of Lucknow and a M.A in History from Aligarh Muslim University. He wrote his doctoral thesis on Timur under the supervision of Mohammad Habib. He wrote a second doctoral thesis on "The British Colonial Policy" at the London School of Economics.
He was head of the Aligarh Muslim University's Political Science department for twenty years. In 1967, he started the departmental journal, Indian Journal of Politics. He retired in 1982. Later he taught at University of Warsaw, Middle East Technical University and the University of Kashmir as a visiting professor.
Haqqi died on 10 February 2010. 
Haqqi's works include: 
- Chingiz Khan: The life and Legacy of an Empire Builder
- Indian democracy at the crossroads
- The Union-State relations in India
- Secularism under siege : the Ayodhya tragedy in retrospect and prospect
- Democracy, Pluralism and Nation-Building
- The Turkish Impact on India the First Phase 
- The Atatürk Revolution and India 
- The Faith Movement of Mawlānā Muḥammad Ilyās
- The colonial policy of the Labour Government
- Problems of representation in the new states
- Machiavelli and Machiavellism (Urdu)
- Professor Shan Mohammad. "IN MEMORIAM PROFESSOR SYED ANWARUL HAQ HAQQI (1922‐2010)" (PDF). Aligarh Muslim University. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Qasmi, Ateequr Rahman (2011). Hazrath Moulana Shah Abrarul Haq Sahab Hayath aur Karname (PhD). Aligarh Muslim University. p. 20. Retrieved 27 July 2020.
- "Books authored by S A H Haqqi". viaf.org. Virtual International Authority File. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- "Chingiz Khan: the Life and Legacy of an Empire Builder". academic.oup.com. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- "The Turkish Impact on India the First Phase, 1206-1414". Middle East Technical University. 1984. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Danforth, Sandra C.; Tachau, Frank (1982). "Scholarly Meetings Held in Commemoration of the Ataturk Centennial". Middle East Studies Association Bulletin. 16 (2): 5. JSTOR 23057674.