Svetlana Tsarukaeva, 2011 WWC
|Born||December 25, 1987|
Ordzhonikidze, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||63 kg (139 lb)|
|Coached by||Kazbek Zoloev|
|Updated on 07 October 2016.|
She won the 2006 Women's Junior World Championships in the 58 kg category, with a total of 231 kg.
Tsarukaeva participated in the women's -58 kg category at the 2006 World Weightlifting Championships and won the silver medal, finishing behind Qiu Hongmei. She snatched 108 kg and clean and jerked an additional 125 kg for a total of 233 kg, 4 kg behind winner Qiu.
Tsarukaeva allegedly won a silver medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics in the Women's 63 kg event. However, on 27 July 2016, the IWF reported that, in the IOC's second wave of re-sampling for doping violations at the 2012 Summer Olympics, Tsarukayeva had tested positive for the steroid dehydrochlormethyltestosterone. If confirmed, she would be stripped of the Olympic medal. The IWF has provisionally suspended her. On 5 April 2017 it was announced that as a result of retesting samples she had been disqualified from the 2012 Olympics for a drug violation, and her silver medal withdrawn.
- "TSARUKAEVA Svetlana". International Weightlifting Federation. Archived from the original on 2011-05-27.
- "Russian weightlifting favourite hits the wall", ABC, August 12, 2008
- "Defeat, Then Agony", The New York Times, August 12, 2008
- "Eleven London 2012 weightlifters fail doping tests". Reuters. 27 July 2016. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- "IOC sanctions three athletes for failing anti-doping test at Beijing 2008 and London 2012". IOC. 5 April 2017. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Athlete Biography at beijing2008
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Svetlana Tsarukayeva.|
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|