The Sutherland Cup is the ice hockey Ontario Junior "B" Provincial Championship trophy. The trophy was first awarded in 1934, and named in honour of former OHA and CAHA president, James T. Sutherland.
The Sutherland Cup is now the championship trophy of the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League. Until 2007, the Cup served as an interleague provincial championship. From 1976 until 1978, as many as eight leagues competed for the Sutherland Cup in a massive playdown structure that took months to complete.
There is no National Championship for Junior B hockey in Canada, similar championships are held in Western Canada (Keystone Cup), Quebec (Coupe Dodge), Eastern Ontario (Barkley Cup), and Atlantic Canada (Don Johnson Memorial Cup)—leaving five teams at the end of each year with a shared claim to being the best Junior B team in Canada.
- Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League (GOJHL) 2007 to present
Past competing leagues
- Border Cities Junior B Hockey League (BCJHL) 1958–1964
- Central Junior B Hockey League (CJBHL) 1954–1993
- Eastern Junior B Hockey League (EJBHL) 1955–1972
- Golden Horseshoe Junior Hockey League (GHJHL) 1974–2007
- Metro Junior B Hockey League (MetJHL) 1956–1989
- Mid-Ontario Junior B Hockey League (MOJBHL) 1968–1978
- Mid-Western Junior Hockey League (MWJBHL) 1977–2007
- a.k.a. Southwestern Junior B Hockey League (SJBHL) 1973–1974
- a.k.a. Waterloo-Wellington Junior B Hockey League (WWJHL) 1974–1977
- Niagara District Junior B Hockey League (NJBHL) 1956–1979
- Southwestern Junior B Hockey League (SWJBHL) 1976–1978
- Western Junior B Hockey League (WOJBHL) 1956–1968
- Western Ontario Hockey League (WOHL) 1969–2007
Sutherland Cup Champions
(*) advanced to championship round as wild card. Lost in conference final, but advanced based on superior record over the other two conference finalists.
- "Sutherland Cup". GOJHL League Site. Retrieved 2018-04-21.