|Suryaa: An Awakening|
|Directed by||Esmayeel Shroff|
|Produced by||Vijay P. Mehta|
|Edited by||A.R. Rajendran|
Suryaa: An Awakening (Hindi: सूर्या: एक जागृति, pronounced Soorya: Ek Jaagrti) is a 1989 action film directed by Esmayeel Shroff. The film stars Raaj Kumar, Vinod Khanna, Raj Babbar, Bhanupriya, Shakti Kapoor, Alok Nath and Amrish Puri. It was a financial success.
In the small community of Sargaon (Shikarpur) in rural India, Pt. Gangadhar Choudhary rules with an iron fist, forbidding anyone from speaking out against him. He owns most of the land surrounding his palatial home, save for a small patch of land owned by Veer Singh.
One day, he summons Veer to his house and offers to buy his land for a substantial sum of money, but Veer refuses. Pt. Gangadhar has him killed. Veer's wife then dies of shock, leaving behind their son, Suraj, to be brought up by a kindly widow called Mrs. Salma Khan.
Many years later, following a successful military career, Suraj returns to his home village to avenge his parents' death. The real name of Pt. Gangadhar Chaudhary son's name Ramniwas and Jaibhagwan.
- Raaj Kumar as Rajpal Chauhan
- Vinod Khanna as Suraj Singh
- Raj Babbar as Inspector Iqbal Khan
- Bhanupriya as Shanno
- Shakti Kapoor as Ratan Chaudhary
- Amrish Puri as Pandit Gangadhar Chaudhary
- Sushma Seth as Salma Khan
- Aloknath as Veer Singh
- Sudhir Dalvi as Army Senior Officer of Suraj
- Johnny Lever as Jani
- Salim Ghouse as Ramu Gulzar
- Dulari as Ramu's Mother
- Dinesh Hingoo as Bank manager
- Rajesh Puri as Gangadhar's Munim
- "Pyar Kahe Banaya Ram Ne, Koi Aaye Mera Dil Thamne" - Alka Yagnik
- "Mai Ne Tujhse Pyar Kiya Hai" - Mohammed Aziz, Anuradha Paudwal
- "Aa Bhagwan Ke Ghar Aa" - Mohammed Aziz
- "Allam Gallam Sajana" - Kavita Krishnamurthy, Uttara Kelkar
- "Ek Nai Subah Ka Paigam" - Mohammed Aziz