Sulaimaniyah International Airport
Firokaxaney Nawdewletî Silêmanî / فڕۆکەخانەی نێودەوڵەتی سلێمانی
مطار السليمانية الدولي
|Operator||Kurdistan Regional Government|
|Elevation AMSL||2,492 ft / 760 m|
The construction of the airport began in November 2003, and it was inaugurated in July 2005. International flights were shut down from 29 September 2017 following a decision taken by the Iraq Civil Aviation Authority (ICAA), but the airport remained open for domestic and humanitarian flights. The international flight ban was lifted in March 2018.
Airlines and destinations
- "Iraqi govt enforces international flight ban in Kurdistan region". France 24. 29 September 2017.
- Liu, Jim (25 April 2019). "Armenia schedules new service to Iraq in S19". Routesonline. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- "Booking". flyebl.com.
- "Istanbul New Airport Transition Delayed Until April 5, 2019 (At The Earliest)".
- Sulaimaniyah International Airport
- Airport information for ORSU at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for ISU at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Accident history for ISU at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an Iraqi airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|