This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Sugar-Salem High School|
1 Digger Drive
|School district||Sugar-Salem J.S.D (#322)|
|Principal||Jared Jenks |
|Enrollment||425  (2009–10)|
|Color(s)||Royal blue & white |
|Athletics||IHSAA Class 3A|
|Athletics conference||Mountain Rivers|
|Yearbook||Blue & White|
|Feeder schools||Sugar-Salem Junior High|
|Elevation||4,890 ft (1,490 m) AMSL|
Sugar-Salem High School is a four-year public secondary school in Sugar City, Idaho, the only traditional high school of the Sugar-Salem Joint School District #322 in Madison County. The school colors are royal blue and white and the mascot is a digger, a reference to sugar beet cultivation.
The school district takes in students from the surrounding area, from the community referred to locally as Plano and Salem on the west to beyond the town of Newdale on the east. On the north it borders Fremont County, following the Henry's Fork of the Snake River, and on the south it borders with Madison School District and the city of Rexburg.
Sugar-Salem High School was built in 1989. The high school was previously housed in what is now the junior high.
Sugar-Salem High School has received academic awards including a bronze medal on U.S. News & World Report’s list of America’s Best High Schools in 2008 and was listed as a top school in Redbook Magazine in 1994. Sugar Salem High School has a graduation rate of 97 percent. In 2013, it became a National Blue Ribbon School.
Sugar-Salem competes in athletics in IHSAA Class 3A and is a member of the Mountain Rivers Conference. It has received many sportsmanship awards in boys’ and girls’ basketball, volleyball, cross country, wrestling, track & field, and soccer.
- Cross Country (1): fall (3A) 2009  (introduced in 1964)
- Basketball (5): (AA, now 3A) 1962; (A-3, now 2A) 1973; (A-2, now 3A) 1993, 1994, (3A) 2017 
- Wrestling (10): (A-3, now 2A) 1984, 1986, 1991; (A-2, now 3A) 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000; (3A) 2002, 2003, 2017  (introduced in 1958)
- Track (3): (3A)2015
- Cross Country (2): fall (3A) 2012, 2013 (introduced in 1974)
- Soccer (0): fall  (introduced in 2000)
- Volleyball (5): fall (A-3, now 2A) 1990; (3A) 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008  (introduced in 1976)
- Basketball (5): (A-3, now 2A) 1991; (3A) 2007, 2009, 2011, 2015 (introduced in 1976)
- Track (9): (A-3, now 2A) 1983, 1985, 1986; (3A) 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 (introduced in 1971)
- Harold G. Hillam - Emeritus General Authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, former member of the Presidency of the Seventy
- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, Pulitzer-prize winning author of A Midwife's Tale
- "Sugar-Salem High School". Public School Review. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- "Idaho High School Activities Association". Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Sugar Salem High School". National Centre For Education Statistics. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- idhsaa.org Archived 2012-04-15 at the Wayback Machine Cross Country champions through 2011
- idhsaa.org Archived 2012-04-15 at the Wayback Machine - Basketball champions - through 2012
- idhsaa.org Archived 2012-04-15 at the Wayback Machine - Wrestling champions - through 2012
- idhsaa.org Archived 2012-04-15 at the Wayback Machine - Track champions - through 2015
- idhsaa.org Soccer & Volleyball champions - through 2011
- "Past state volleyball tournament results". IHSAA. Archived from the original on October 18, 2012. Retrieved November 11, 2012.
- idhsaa.org Archived 2012-10-01 at the Wayback Machine - Girls Basketball champions - through 2015
- idhsaa.org Archived 2012-04-15 at the Wayback Machine - Girls Track champions - through 2015