A view of Cadet College Pallandri in Sudhanoti District
Map of Azad Kashmir with Sudhanoti highlighted
|• Total||569 km2 (220 sq mi)|
|• Density||523/km2 (1,350/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
|Number of Tehsils||4|
Sudhanoti (also spelled Sudhnoti) (Urdu: ضلع سدھنوتی ), meaning the "Heartland of Sudhans" Sudhan (tribe) Noti (heartland), is one of the eight districts of Azad Kashmir in Pakistan. Sudhanoti is located at Latitude 33° 42′ 54″ N, Longitude 73° 41′ 9″ E. It is located 90 kilometres (56 mi) away from Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan. It is connected with Rawalpindi and Islamabad through Azad Pattan road.
Sudhanoti District is divided into four tehsils: Pallandri, Balouch, Mang and Trarkhel. The town of Pallandri is the district headquarters. It is at an elevation of 1372 meters and is at a distance of 97 Kilometers from Rawalpindi via Azad Pattan. The district is connected to Rawalakot by a 64-km metaled road.
According to the Alif Ailaan Pakistan District Education Rankings for 2017, Sudhanoti is ranked 34 out of 155 districts with a score of 68.85 in terms of education. For facilities and infrastructure, the district is ranked at the last with a very low score of 6.76.
Educational institutes include:
- Mohi-ud-Din Islamic University Nerian Sharif is a chartered university situated 125 km west of Islamabad.
- Cadet College Palandri is situated about 100 km from Islamabad.
- "AJ&K Portal". www.ajk.gov.pk.
- "Subdivisions of AJK".
- "Tehsils of Sudhnoti District on AJK map". ajk.gov.pk. AJK Official Portal. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Census 2017: AJK population rises to over 4m". The Nation. Retrieved 2017-09-01.
- "Pakistan District Education Rankings 2017" (PDF). elections.alifailaan.pk. Alif Ailaan. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- Bhattacharya, Samir (2014). NOTHING BUT!. Partridge Publishing. p. 228. ISBN 978-1-48281-787-4.
- "Introduction". Khan Sahib Government College of Technology, Rawalkot. Retrieved 14 October 2018.