Subang Jaya City Council
Majlis Bandaraya Subang Jaya
|Local Government Act 1976|
Noraini Roslan (2018-)
|Perbandaran Bestari, Kota Niaga Kediaman Idaman|
|MBSJ Headquarters, Persiaran Perpaduan, USJ 5, UEP Subang Jaya|
|Previously known as the Subang Jaya Municipal Council (until 20 October 2020) |
Subang Jaya City Council (MBSJ; Malay: Majlis Bandaraya Subang Jaya) is a local authority which is in charge of the Subang Jaya city and the southern parts of Petaling district. This agency is under Selangor state government of Malaysia. MBSJ are responsible for the public's health and sanitation, waste removal and management, town planning, environmental protection and building control, social and economic development and general maintenance functions of urban infrastructure. The MBSJ headquarters is located in UEP Subang Jaya.
In the 1970s the Selangor state government established the Petaling District Council (Majlis Daerah Petaling, MDP) under section 4 of the Local Government Act 1976. In 1994, the state government decided to upgrade the authority to the status of a municipal council (majlis perbandaran), and rename it the Subang Jaya Municipal Council. The Subang Jaya Municipal Council was formed on 1 January 1997, by combining the existing Petaling District Council with several areas ceded from the Petaling Jaya Municipal Council (MPPJ) and Shah Alam Municipal Council (MPSA).
In December 2019, the Subang Jaya Municipal Council was granted the approval from the federal government to elevate its status from a City Council to become Subang Jaya City Council (MBSJ), which was gazetted on 20 October 2020.
President and Mayor
|No||President & Mayor||Term start||Term end|
|1||Tan Sri Datuk Seri Ahmad Fuad bin Ismail||1997||2003|
|2||Datuk Seri Abdul Hakim bin Borhan||2003||2005|
|3||Dato' Mohd Arif bin Ab. Rahman||2005||2006|
|4||Datuk Seri Adnan Bin bin Md. Ikhsan||2006||2011|
|5||Dato' Asmawi bin Kasbi||2011||2014|
|6||Dato' Nor Hisham bin Ahmad Dahlan||2015||2017|
- Top Management
- Service Management Department
- Corporate Planning & Strategic Management Department
- Treasury Department
- Revenue Department
- Town Planning Department
- Valuation & Property Management Department
- Legal Department
- License Department
- Enforcement Department
- Building Department
- Engineering Department
- Health Department
- Community Development Department
- Solid Waste And Public Cleansing Management Department
- Information Technology Department
- Commissioner Of Building Department
- One Stop Centre Department
- Internal Audit Department
- Quantity Surveying And Contract Department
- Integrity Unit
In parliamentary terms, MBSJ administrative area covers the parliamentary constituency of Puchong and Subang in its entirety, as well as parts of Kota Raja which mainly cover USJ 23-27, Putra Heights and Kampung Bukit Lanchong. Subang Jaya city itself, most part of USJ (USJ 1-22), Kinrara, and northern part of Puchong lies within the Subang constituency, while Seri Kembangan, and southern part of Puchong falls within the Puchong constituency.
The gazetted decision defined the authority's area of 16,180 hectares and divided it into seven Planning Blocks in accordance with the Subang Jaya Municipal Council Local Plan 2035 (RTMPSJ 2035):
- Planning Block 1 - Subang Jaya (SS 12 - SS 19), Bandar Sunway (PJS 7/PJS 9/PJS 11) & UEP Subang Jaya (USJ 1 - USJ 22);
- Planning Block 2 - USJ 3A, Tropicana Metropark, Subang Hi-Tech & Batu Tiga;
- Planning Block 3 - UEP Subang Jaya (USJ 23 - USJ 28), Putra Heights, Kampung Batu 13 1/2, Kampung Tengah, Kampung Bukit Lanchong;
- Planning Block 4 - Kinrara, Bandar Puchong Jaya;
- Planning Block 5 - Pusat Bandar Puchong, Bandar Puteri, Puchong Perdana, Puchong Utama, Batu 14, Puchong Hartamas, Kampung Baru Puchong, Bandar Bukit Puchong;
- Planning Block 6 - Putra Permai, Equine Park, Saujana Puchong, Puncak Jalil, Lestari Perdana, Lestari Putra, Pinggiran Putra, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) and
- Planning Block 7 - Seri Kembangan New Village, Bukit Serdang, Universiti Indah, Serdang Jaya, Sri Serdang, Serdang Raya, Serdang Perdana, Serdang Lama, The Mines, Sungai Besi Indah, Belimbing Indah
Apart from this, the administration area for MPSJ was further breakdown into 24 zones.
- "Latar Belakang Penubuhan MPSJ". Subang Jaya Municipal Council. Retrieved 2017-07-26.
- "MPSJ to get city status, MDKL to get municipal status". The Star Online. 20 December 2019. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Pengenalan Rancangan Tempatan Subang Jaya 2035". Portal Rasmi MPSJ. MPSJ. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Blok Perancangan 1 SUBANG JAYA - USJ" (PDF). Portal Rasmi MPSJ. MPSJ. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Blok Perancangan 2 SUBANG HI-TECH" (PDF). Portal Rasmi MPSJ. MPSJ. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Blok Perancangan 3 PUTRA HEIGHTS" (PDF). Portal Rasmi MPSJ. MPSJ. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Blok Perancangan 4 KINRARA" (PDF). Portal Rasmi MPSJ. MPSJ. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Blok Perancangan 5 PUCHONG" (PDF). Portal Rasmi MPSJ. MPSJ. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Blok Perancangan 6 BANDAR PUTRA PERMAI" (PDF). Portal Rasmi MPSJ. MPSJ. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Blok Perancangan 7 SERI KEMBANGAN" (PDF). Portal Rasmi MPSJ. MPSJ. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Ahli Majlis | Majlis Perbandaran Subang Jaya". portal.mpsj.gov.my. Retrieved 8 May 2019.