Su Yung in October 2018
|Birth name||Vannarah Riggs|
|Born||June 30, 1989|
Seattle, Washington, United States
Rich Swann (m. 2017)
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Billed weight||52 kg (115 lb)|
|Billed from||Seattle, Washington|
"Off The Grid"
|Trained by||Bill Dundee|
Professional wrestling career
Early career (2007–2015)
Riggs got her start in wrestling after moving to Memphis, Tennessee in 2007 to become a professional wrestler. She has worked for several promotions which include Lady Sports, MLL, GCW, and Jerry Lawler's Memphis Wrestling. In February 2010, Riggs made her debut for Main Event Championship Wrestling as a villainess under the name Su Yung and defeated Tracy Taylor. On July 1, 2015, Yung appeared on Total Nonstop Action Wrestling's One Night Only: Knockouts Knockdown event, which she lost to Taryn Terrell.
WWE developmental (2010–2011)
In May 2010, Riggs was signed to a developmental contract with WWE. On September 18, 2010, she made her debut at FCW house show under the name Vannah, sharing ring announcing with Matt Martlaro. The following month changed her name to Sonia. She then made her FCW in-ring debut as a heel on December 2, 2010 at a house show which she lost to AJ Lee. In mid-2011, Sonia teamed up with Audrey Marie against AJ and Aksana in which they were defeated. On July 8, Sonia was defeated by Aksana in a triple-threat match for the FCW Divas Championship which also included Naomi. On August 8, 2011, she was released from her developmental contract.
Shimmer Women Athletes (2011–present)
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2019)
Su Yung debuted for SHIMMER Women Athletes on October 1, 2011 in a dark match at Volume 41; teaming with Kimberly Maddox and Veda Scott in a losing effort against Buggy Nova, Jessie Brooks, and She Nay Nay. In another dark match at Volume 43, Su was defeated by KC Spinelli. On October 27, 2012, Su was defeated by Sassy Stephie at Volume 50 and again by Miss Natural the following day at Volume 52.
Shine Wrestling (2012–2014)
Su debuted for Shine Wrestling as a babyface along with Tracy Taylor to form The West Coast Connection on July 20, 2012. On that evening, the duo lost to Made In Sin (Allysin Kay and Taylor Made) at SHINE 1. A month later at SHINE 2, Su picked up her first Shine victory by defeating Kimberly and she and Tracy defeated Gabby Gilbert and Luscious Latasha at SHINE 3. Su's winning streak continued with victories over Rhia O'Reilly and Josie, but it came to an end at SHINE 6 in January 11, 2013 when she was defeated by Ivelisse.
At SHINE 7 on February 22, Su teamed up with Tracy and Mia Yim in a losing effort to Valkyrie members Made In Sin and April Hunter. A month later, Su defeated Brittney Savage via submission with her Yellow Fever finisher.
At SHINE 9, Su was defeated by Saraya Knight in a SHINE Championship Tournament qualifying match. In the tournament at SHINE 11 on July 12, Su was defeated by LuFisto in a four-way qualifying match that also included Nikki Roxx and Mercedes Martinez.
At SHINE 12 on August 23, Su again teamed with Tracy Taylor in a losing effort to Daffney's All-Star Squad members Nikki Roxx and Solo Darling. However, at SHINE 13, Su defeated La Rosa Negra, Taeler Hendrix, and the debuting Xandra Bale in a four way match. Su competed against Solo Darling in back-to-back Shine events, losing at 14 and winning at 15. At SHINE 16 on January 24, 2014, Su was defeated by Mercedes Martinez.
On April 18, Su defeated Rhia O'Reilly via submission at SHINE 18 and was attacked by Saraya Knight after the match. Later in the event, Su turned into a villainess by aligning with Valkyrie and attacking Ivelisse in the ring, and later attacking her tag team partner, Tracy Taylor, ending The West Coast Connection in the process. At SHINE 21 on August 22, Su was defeated by Nevaeh in a #1 Contender's four way match that also included Amazing Kong and Leah Von Dutch. At SHINE 22 on October 10, Su defeated Amanda Rodriguez via submission.
Impact Wrestling (2018–present)
Yung made her return to Impact Wrestling on the March 22 episode of the show attacking Allie while Braxton Sutter proposed to her, establishing herself as a heel. That let Sutter to accompany Yung through her matches. At Redemption, Yung faced Allie for the Impact Knockouts Championship, but she was defeated. After Yung Lost, Sutter proposed to her, only for Yung to attack him, ending their relationship. On April 26 episode of Impact!, Yung attacked Allie, until Rosemary rescued her. That incident started a rivalry between Rosemary and Yung, which led into a match between them on May 3 episode of Impact!, that ended up in a brawl. Allie tried to help Rosemary, however, Yung's undead bridesmaids held her back and forced her to watch as Yung attacked Rosemary and put her inside a coffin. Yung and her undead bridesmaids held a funeral for Rosemary, when Yung misted Rosemary's coffin, setting it on fire. On May 31 episode of Impact! Under Pressure special, Yung defeated Allie in a last rites match to win the title. At Impact Wrestling One Night Only: Zero Fear which aired on June 15, 2018, Yung made her first successful title defense against Katarina. At Slammiversary XVI, Yung successfully retained her title against Madison Rayne. On August 30 episode of Impact! ReDefined special, Yung lost the title to Tessa Blanchard, in a three–way match that also involved Allie. On September 6 episode of Impact!, Yung received her rematch against Blanchard for the Impact Knockouts Championship, but was unsuccessful to regain the title. After Yung lost, she attacked Blanchard and tried to put her inside a coffin, until Allie and Hogan rescued Blanchard and attacked Yung. The alliance between Allie and Yung ended when Allie was released from Impact Wrestling.
On December 10, 2017, Riggs' husband Swann was arrested in Gainesville, Florida on charges of battery and kidnapping/false imprisonment. The victim was identified as his wife. According to the arrest report, Swann and Riggs had gotten into an argument over Swann critiquing Riggs' performance at a show that night. When Riggs tried to get away from Swann, witnesses state that he grabbed her in a headlock and dragged her back into his car. Swann was released from Alachua County Jail later that same day and told to get in contact with court services. On January 25, 2018, all charges against Swann were dismissed, when a determination was made by prosecutors that there was "insufficient evidence" to move forward with the case.
Championships and accomplishments
- Anarchy Championship Wrestling
- ACW American Joshi Championship (2 time)
- DDT Pro-Wrestling
- FEST Wrestling
- FEST Wrestling Championship (1 time)
- Girl Fight
- Girl Fight Championship (1 time)
- Impact Wrestling
- Impact Knockouts Championship (1 time)
- Independent Championship Wrestling
- ICW Women's Championship (1 time)
- Kaiju Big Battel
- Kaiju Double Danger Tandem Championship (1 time) - with Hell Monkey
- Magnificent Ladies Wrestling
- MLW Championship (1 time)
- Pro Wrestling 2.0
- PW2.0 Women's Championship (1 time)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Ranked No. 13 of the top 50 female singles wrestlers in the PWI Female 50 in 2018
- RISE Wrestling
- RISE Debut of The Year (2018)
- Queens Of Combat
- Queens of Combat Championship (1 time)
- Women Superstars Uncensored
- "Su Yung Profile & Match Listing". Profightdb. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- "Su Yung career". THE WRESTLING REVOLUTION. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- "Hall of Fame -Su Yang". Su-yung.com. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- "Profile". Wrestling Data. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- "Su Yang - Website". Su-yung.com. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- LeBlanc, M.A (November 20, 2017). "Su Yung career". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- Trionfo, Richard (2014-01-24). "Complete Shine 16 report: Havok versus Kay; what is the future of Valkyrie after Rain faces Ivelisse; tag tournament announced for February 28th at Shine 17; and more". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
- "Csonka's Impact Wrestling Review 3.22.18". 411MANIA.
- Csonka, Larry (2018-04-26). "Csonka's Impact Wrestling Review 4.26.18". 411MANIA.
- "IMPACT Wrestling Results May 3rd, 2018". Impact Wrestling. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- Decker, Kyle. "Impact Wrestling results, live blog (May 17, 2018): Street Fight!". Cageside Seats. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- Csonka, Larry. "Csonka's Impact Wrestling One Night Only: Zero Fear 2018 Review". 411MANIA. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- Powell, Jason. "7/22 Powell's Impact Wrestling Slammiversary live review: Austin Aries vs. Moose for the Impact World Championship, LAX vs. OGz for the Impact Tag Titles, Su Yung vs. Madison Rayne for the Knockouts Championship, Matt Sydal vs. Brian Cage for the X Division Championship". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- Csonka, Larry. "Join 411's Impact Wrestling Redefined Coverage". 411MANIA. Retrieved August 30, 2018.
- Csonka, Larry. "Join 411's Impact Wrestling Coverage". 411MANIA. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Currier, Joseph (December 10, 2017). "Rich Swann arrested for domestic battery and false imprisonment". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- "Richard Swann Mugshot 12/10/17 Florida Arrest". Arrests.org. December 10, 2017. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Johnson, Mike (December 10, 2017). "205 Live star arrested". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Johnson, Mike (December 10, 2017). "More details on Rich Swann arrest". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Johnson, Mike (December 11, 2017). "Rich Swann update". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved December 11, 2017.
- "ALL CHARGES AGAINST WWE STAR RICH SWANN DISMISSED | PWInsider.com". www.pwinsider.com. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "PWI escoge a Ronda Rousey como la mejor luchadora del año 2018". cagematch.net. Retrieved September 28, 2018.
- "Your Votes Are In – Announcing The 2018 RISE Year-End Award Winners!". RISE Wrestling. December 24, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vannarah Riggs.|