The terms street football and street soccer (in United States) encompass a number of informal varieties of association football. These informal pick up games do not necessarily follow the requirements of a formal game of football, such as a large field, field markings, goal apparatus and corner flags, eleven players per team, or match officials (referee and assistant referees).
Street football is more similar to beach football and futsal than to association football. Often the most basic of set-ups will involve just a ball with a wall or fence used as a goal, or items such as clothing being used for goalposts (hence the phrase "jumpers for goalposts"). The phrase was used by Ed Sheeran in his 2015 documentary Jumpers for Goalposts: Live at Wembley Stadium as a nod to playing the concerts at Wembley Stadium, the home of English football.
Modernly exist a lot of common street football organisations such like Streetfootballworld, SISM Street Soccer in the USA, The International Street Soccer Association, WhizzKids United, Buntkicktgut, Street Soccer USA. Nowadays, street football is also one method for coaching young football players and is realized with freestyle football, which has grown in popularity since the early 2000s when Nike began to focus on street football and freestyle via their TV ads.
The first Street Football World Championship took place in the Mariannenplatz in Berlin-Kreuzberg. The World Street 3s, the first international World Street Soccer Championships takes place in Manchester on 25 September 2016.
The United States held their first international tournament in 2014. The American Panna & Freestyle Tournament hosted by SISM Street Soccer, took place in San Jose, California. The inaugural event consisted of freestyle football, street soccer and panna. The event drew many top professionals from around the world to judge and compete in the Bay Area. 
In 2005, video game publisher Electronic Arts introduced FIFA Street, a franchise based on street football and freestyle football. FIFA Street series focuses on flair, style and trickery, reflecting the cultures of street football and freestyle football played in streets and backlots across the world.
- "Watch the trailer for Ed Sheeran's exuberant concert film 'Jumpers for Goalposts'". USA Today. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- Modern Sports Stories Publication, published 09/09/2013. Staff interview with Darren Laver, Page 96.
- "UK's and World's Best Football Freestyle Agency". www.ukfootballfreestyle.co.uk. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "Welcome". World Class Freestyle - Freestyle Football Event Hire - Search Freestylers by Location - #1 Freestyle Soccer agency. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- (in English) (in German) Street Football World Festival 2006 Archived 2007-01-22 at the Wayback Machine. not in reference
- "NETHERLANDS WIN THE FIRST WORLD STREET 3s CHAMPIONSHIP – World Street 3s". www.worldstreet3s.com. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "History of American Panna & Freestyle Tournament". SISM Street Soccer. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Street football.|