|Location||910 North Hazel Street|
Hammond, LA 70402
|Owner||Southeastern Louisiana University|
|Operator||Southeastern Louisiana University|
|Executive suites||Victory Club (116 seats) and five suites (15 seats each)|
|Surface||UBU-Intensity Series-S5-M Synthetic Turf (2012-present)|
|Broke ground||May 12, 1937|
|Opened||September 17, 1937|
($2.51 million in 2018 dollars)
|Southeastern Louisiana University Lions (NCAA) (1936–present)|
St. Thomas Aquinas High School (LHSAA)
Hammond High School (LHSAA) (1937-1995)
Strawberry Stadium is a 7,408-seat football stadium in Hammond, Louisiana, USA. It is home to the Southeastern Louisiana University Lions American football team. The stadium also hosts St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic High School football, previously hosted Hammond High School football, and has been the site of numerous play-off games involving other schools from Tangipahoa Parish.
The facility was constructed in 1937 as part of Franklin D. Roosevelt’s WPA program under project #3014.
A renovation completed prior to the 2008 football season added club seating, six luxury suites, each accommodating 15 fans, as well as 116 seats outside of the Victory Club. The renovation also increased the press box size. In addition, a new multilevel parking garage for 500 vehicles was constructed to the west of the stadium and connected to it.
Before the 2012 season, new turf was installed after being used at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
The 1975 Louisiana High School Athletic Association Class AAAA state championship game was contested at Strawberry Stadium. St. Augustine, New Orleans' all-black, all-male Catholic high school, won its first LHSAA championship by defeating Covington High 35-13.
- Barker, Emily (October 31, 2011). "Strawberry Stadium to Host 74th Homecoming". The Lion's Roar. Southeastern Louisiana University. Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- "Strawberry Stadium at Southeastern College in Hammond, Louisiana in 1939". State Digital Library of Louisiana. Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Community Development Project. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- "Premium Seating". Southeastern Louisiana University Athletics. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- "Strawberry Stadium". Southeastern Louisiana University Athletics. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- Strawberry Stadium at Lionsports.net
|This article about a sports venue in Louisiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|