This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Further education and|
(Current name by merger
in April 2018)
|Local authority||Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council|
|Principal||Lesley Davies OBE|
|Campuses||Stockport Town Centre Campus|
|Part of||Trafford College Group|
Stockport College is a medium-sized educational institute in Stockport, Greater Manchester, England, providing further education and higher education to those aged 16 and over. It provides educational opportunities for the community including school leavers, adults, and businesses.
The college has academic and vocational courses from pre-GCSE to degree level. It is a major provider of post-16 education and training in Stockport and a centre for a range of specialist courses.
Town centre campus
The town centre campus is the original site of Stockport College of Further and Higher Education (Coordinates: ) and much of the campus dates back to the 1960s. The complete redevelopment of this site and some surrounding buildings was due for completion in 2011 to create a flagship educational campus for the Metropolitan Borough of Stockport. The total project value was estimated at around £100m from various sources. It included the closure and selling off of the Heaton Moor Campus ( ), inherited from the merger with North Area College in 2006. Under the new college merger, investment is being made in key areas to Stockport College. One such area is the plan to redevelop the Stockport College campus. A new town centre campus redevelopment project is set to begin in 2018.
Trafford College Group
Stockport College and Trafford College announced on 4 April 2018 the completion of their merger. The Trafford College Group is the corporation name for the new provider which will have over 14,000 students and apprentices and a combined turnover of around £37 million.
Stockport College and Trafford College will retain their existing names and campus sites.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2018)
- Adam Gillen - British actor known for Benidorm (TV series)
- Sarah Harding - is an English singer-songwriter, dancer, model, and actress and is associated with the girl pop group Girls Aloud
- Alan Lowndes - was a British painter known primarily for his scenes of northern life
- Angela Rayner - Labour politician (Member of Parliament), former care worker and trade unionist
- Daniel Rigby - BAFTA award-winning Actor
- Dean Fagan - Actor best known for Coronation Street.
- "Stockport College - Principal's Welcome". Stockport College. Archived from the original on 10 June 2008. Retrieved 2 June 2008.
- http://www.stockport.ac.uk/lets-dance/[permanent dead link]
- "Stockport College - Stockport College and Trafford College Merger FAQs". Stockport College. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "Merger of Stockport College and Trafford College". Stockport College. Archived from the original on 2018-04-11.