Stitched Up Heart
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Genres||Gothic metal, hard rock, alternative metal|
|Labels||Another Century, Century Media Records|
Early years, formation and early releases (2010–2015)
The group was founded in 2010 by vocalist Alecia 'Mixi' Demner, she would later recruit fellow guitarist Mikey Alfero and current New Years Day guitarist Nikki Misery with bassist David DiSarro and drummer Andrew Carroll the five-piece band would later release a self-titled EP in November 22, 2010 available by download only the EP featured "We're Alive" and "Is This the Way You Get to Hell?" they would release their second EP Escape the Nightmare in 2011.
After the release Alfero, Misery, and Carroll left the band in 2011 and were replaced by Merritt Goodwin and Nicky Warman who took over the roles of lead guitarist and rhythm guitarist respectively and are later joined by current drummer James Decker.
In 2012 the band went through another line up change after DiSarro, and Warman left the band, Warman was replaced by Gregg Webb, who was then replaced by Luke Man and DiSarro was replaced by Randy Mathias.
As of 2013 Stitched Up Heart continued on as four-piece group following Luke Man's departure. On May 20, 2014 Stitched Up Heart released a new EP titled Skeleton Key. In 2015 Dorian Dolore joined the band as the new second guitarist, but would later be replaced by guitarist Nick Bedrosian in 2016.
Never Alone (2015–2017)
After several years spent developing their sound, recording demos and playing in local clubs, in 2015 Stitched Up Heart was signed to Another Century Records, a division of Century Label Group. A new single, "Finally Free," was released in late 2015 and eventually reached No. 19 in America's Active Rock Radio Chart. A follow-up single, "Monster," was unveiled April 29, 2016 and Billboard.com premiered the song “Event Horizon” on June 3, 2016. The band's major label debut, the album Never Alone was released on June 17, 2016 and debuted in the Top 10 of both the Billboard Heatseeker and Hard Rock charts.
In early 2017, the ensemble toured with American hard rock band Letters from the Fire. After two months off the road, Stitched Up Heart headlined a sell-out concert at The Knitting Factory in Boise Idaho on Friday April 21, 2017 promoted by local radio station 100.3 The X.
In 2019 the band released the song "Lost" from their upcoming second album Darkness.
- Alecia 'Mixi' Demner – lead vocals (2010–present)
- James Decker – drums, backing vocals (2012–present)
- Merritt Goodwin – guitars (2012–present)
- Randy Mathias – bass, backing vocals (2014–present)
- Mikey Alfero – lead guitar (2010–2011)
- David DiSarro – bass (2010–2012)
- Andrew Carroll – drums (2010–2011)
- Dorian Dolore – rhythm guitar (2015–2016)
- Nikki Misery – lead guitar (2010–2011)
- Nicky Warman – rhythm guitar (2012)
- Luke Man – lead guitar (2013)
- Grant Webb – lead guitar (2012–2013)
- Nick Bedrosian – rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2016–2019)
- Stitched Up Heart (2010)
- Escape the Nightmare (2011)
- Skeleton Key (2014)
|"Finally Free"||2015||Never Alone|
|"Catch Me When I Fall"|
|"Is This the Way You Get to Hell?"||2011||Escape the Nightmare EP||Eric Mendoza|
|"Grave"||2012||Skeleton Key EP|
|"Frankenstein"||2014||Sandy Stenzel & Robert G. Phelps|
|"Finally Free"||2015||Never Alone||Ron Thunderwood|
|"Catch Me When I Fall"||N/A|
|"Warrior"||2020||Ron Thunderwood and Alecia 'Mixi' Demner|
- "Stitched Up Heart - Biography & History". AllMusic. Archived from the original on 2016-06-19. Retrieved 2016-06-17.
- "Stitched Up Heart Sign With Another Century Records, Debut "Finally Free" Video - Theprp.com – Metal And Hardcore News Plus Reviews And More". Theprp.com. 30 September 2015. Archived from the original on 5 August 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "California-Based Hard Rock Band Stitched Up Heart Set To Play Battle Creek Show With Like A Storm, Full-Length Album Due Next Spring". Huffingtonpost.com. 17 December 2015. Archived from the original on 13 August 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Another Century - Stitched up heart: : New Single 'Monster' Now Available!". Anothercentury.com. Archived from the original on 1 July 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Listen to Stitched Up Heart's 'Event Horizon': Exclusive". Billboard.com. Archived from the original on 7 June 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "STITCHED UP HEART: Entire 'Never Alone' Album Available For Streaming". blabbermouth.net. 16 June 2016. Archived from the original on 26 October 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Lacey Sturm + Stitched Up Heart to Embark on 2017 U.S. Tour". Loudwire.com. Archived from the original on 28 December 2017. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- 416 S. Ninth St., Boise Boise Downtown and Fringe Idaho 83702; 43.61326;-116.20715; 208-367-1212; Bo.knittingfactory.com. "Free X Show: Stitched Up Heart". Boise Weekly. Archived from the original on 7 December 2017. Retrieved 27 December 2017.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Century Media Records - Stitched up heart". www.centurymedia.com. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "Stitched Up Heart – Never Alone album review". loudersound.com. Archived from the original on 2 April 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Stitched Up Heart: Never Alone - Shockwave Magazine". shockwavemagazine.com. 16 June 2016. Archived from the original on 2 April 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2018.