|Stephens High School|
315 West Chert Street
|School type||Public comprehensive|
|School district||Stephens School District|
|NCES School ID||051287001045|
|Teaching staff||17.65 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||9.75|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core|
|Classes offered||Regular (Core), Career Focus, Advanced Placement (AP)|
|Athletics conference||1A 7 East (2012–14)|
|Team name||Stephens Roadrunners|
|USNWR ranking||Unranked (2012)|
|Feeder to||Stephens Elementary School|
|Affiliation||Arkansas Activities Association|
Stephens High School was a comprehensive public high school located in Stephens, Arkansas, United States. The school provided secondary education in grades 7 through 12 for approximately 175 students. It was one of four public high schools in Ouachita County and is the sole high school administered by the Stephens School District.
The roadrunner was the mascot and the school colors were black and gold.
The Stephens High School and the rest of Stephens School District closed down after the 2013-2014 school year. The students who went to SHS were consolidated to three other schools: Nevada High School in Rosston, Magnolia High School in Magnolia, and Camden-Fairview High School in Camden.
The Stephens High School mascot and athletic emblem is the Roadrunner with school colors of black and gold.
The Stephens Roadrunners compete in interscholastic activities within the 1A Classification administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The Leopards play within the 1A 7 East Conference. The Roadrunners participate in golf (boys/girls), basketball (boys/girls), cheer, baseball, fastpitch softball, and track and field (boys/girls).
Clubs and traditions
Stephens students may also engage in a variety of clubs and organizations such as: Beta Club, National FFA Organization (FFA), FCCLA, Student Council, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), EAST Initiative and Quiz Bowl.
The following are notable people associated with Stephens High School. If the person was a SHS student, the number in parentheses indicates the year of graduation; if the person was a faculty or staff member, that person's title and years of association are included:
- "Search for Public Schools - Stephens High School (051287001045)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "School Profile, Stephens High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved April 12, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Stephens School Traditions." Stephens School District. August 1, 2010. Retrieved on May 23, 2018.
- Lesnick, Gavin (April 10, 2014). "Stephens School District consolidated into three nearby districts". Arkansas Online. Retrieved May 23, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Arkansas High School Sports Record Book" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 31, 2013. Retrieved December 11, 2012.
- "Otto Passman, Jerry Huckaby, and Frank Spooner: The Louisiana Fifth Congressional District Election of 1976", Louisiana History: The Journal of the Louisiana Historical Association, LIV No. 3 (Summer 2013), p. 346