This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Stephen Thomas Erlewine
|Born||June 18, 1973|
Ann Arbor, Michigan, U.S.
|Other names||Tom Erlewine|
|Alma mater||University of Michigan|
|Spouse(s)||Stephanie Erlewine (m. 2017)|
|Relatives||Michael Erlewine (uncle)|
Stephen Thomas Erlewine (//; born June 18, 1973) is an American music critic and senior editor for the online music database AllMusic. He is the author of many artist biographies and record reviews for AllMusic, as well as a freelance writer, occasionally contributing liner notes.
Erlewine was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and is a nephew of the former musician and AllMusic founder Michael Erlewine. He studied at the University of Michigan, where he majored in English, and was a music editor (1993–94) and then arts editor (1994–1995) of the school's paper The Michigan Daily. He has contributed to a number of books, including All Music Guide to Rock: The Definitive Guide to Rock, Pop, and Soul and All Music Guide to Hip-Hop: The Definitive Guide to Rap & Hip-Hop.
- Credits for Stephen Thomas Erlewine at AllMusic. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- Jenkins, Terry. Biography of Michael Erlewine at AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
- Bogdanov, Vladimir; Woodstra, Chris; Erlewine, Stephen Thomas (2003). All music guide to the blues: the definitive guide to the blues. San Francisco, CA; Berkeley, CA; Milwaukee, WI: Backbeat Books ; Distributed to the Book trade in the U.S. and Canada by Publishers Group West ; Distributed to the music trade in the U.S. and Canada by Hal Leonard. ISBN 978-0-87930-736-3. OCLC 51389035.
- "All Music Guide to Hip-Hop". Backbeat Books. Hal Leonard Books. Retrieved April 24, 2011.
- Erlewine's page at Pitchfork.com
- Contributions to Rolling Stone
- Writings for Billboard
- Articles for Spin