Maxwell in 2015
Stella Maynes Maxwell
15 May 1990
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in) or 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
Stella Maynes Maxwell (born 15 May 1990) is a Northern Irish-New Zealand model best known for her work with Victoria's Secret. She became a Victoria's Secret Angel in 2015, and is also the face of the cosmetics brand Max Factor.
Maxwell was born in Brussels, Belgium to Northern Irish parents, Stella Maynes and former diplomat Maurice Maxwell. She has three older siblings. Maxwell was raised in Belgium until she was 13 years old, where she attended the European School, Woluwe. She then moved with her family to Canberra, Australia, where they stayed for one year before moving to Wellington, New Zealand when she was 14. She attended Queen Margaret College and the University of Otago, where she was discovered as a model  by an agency based within Dunedin. Maxwell is bilingual.
During her career, she has posed for Alexander McQueen, Asos, H&M, Karl Lagerfeld, Roberto Cavalli, Urban Outfitters and Topshop, and has been featured on the covers of the German, Turkish, Spanish, Thai and Japanese editions of the fashion magazine Vogue. As a catwalk model, she has walked for Jeremy Scott, Marc Jacobs, Tommy Hilfiger, Moschino, Brandon Maxwell, Dolce & Gabbana, Jacquemus and Versace. She notably opened the Concept Korea Spring/Summer 2011 fashion show, during which she was dressed as a Lolita-esque modern day Snow White in hoody, miniskirt and towering shoes. However, she fell on the catwalk and dropped the apple she was carrying. She also fell twice in a row during the finale of the Miu Miu Resort 2016 fashion show.
In 2016, Maxwell was voted No. 1 in 2016 Maxim's "Hot 100 List".
She had a uncredited role in the 2018 film JT LeRoy.
In 2015, she was rumored to be dating singer and actress, Miley Cyrus but neither ever confirmed the relationship. From December 2016, she was dating actress Kristen Stewart until their breakup in fall 2018. She resumed dating Stewart from May 2019 until July 2019.
- "Elite Paris". Elite Paris.
- "Stella Maxwell". Fashion Model Directory. Archived from the original on July 30, 2015. Retrieved March 28, 2017.
- Britt McCamey (September 26, 2015). "Meet:Stella Maxwell". oystermag.com. Oyster. Archived from the original on September 15, 2015. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- London, Bianca (30 April 2015). "She is the daughter of a diplomat who counts Miley Cyrus as a close pal and her favourite pastime is playing scrabble: Meet Stella Maxwell... Victoria's Secret's ONLY British Angel". Daily Mail. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- Bianca London (December 2015). "Meet Stella Maxwell, Victoria's Secret Only British Angel".
- Lucy Buckland (June 20, 2015). "Who is Stella Maxwell?". mirror.co.uk. Daily Mirror. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- "All about the 10 new Victoria's Secret Angels of 2015". vogue.com.au. Vogue Australia. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- Eli Orzessek (3 Jun, 2016) - id New Zealand Herald Retrieved 2019-06-21
- "Victoria's Secret Angel Stella Maxwell Stocks Up on Wellness Pills and Tim Tams". Elle.
- Julia Frank (November 6, 2014). "These are the models confirmed for the 2014 Victoria's Secret show". vogue.com.au. Vogue Australia. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- Liana Satenstein (December 1, 2014). "Meet 7 New Faces of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show". vogue.com. Vogue. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- Jonathan Borge (April 28, 2015). "Victoria's Secret Adds 10 New Angels to Its All-Star Roster". instyle.com. InStyle. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- Scarlett Kilcooley-O'Halloran (April 28, 2015). "Victoria's Secret Announces 10 New Angels". vogue.co.uk. Vogue UK. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- Davis, Mari. "Concept Korea Spring 2011".
- Annabella Winsteald (17 March 2019). "Model Stella Maxwell FALLS during Pucca by Kwak Hyun Joo Spring/Summer 2011 - 3 ANGLES OF VIEW" – via YouTube.
- Annabella Winsteald (26 July 2015). "Model Stella Maxwell falls twice during Miu Miu Resort 2016 fashion show. HQ + 2nd angle" – via YouTube.
- "Stella Maxwell Tops Maxim Hot 100".
- Marquina, Sierra. "Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Hold Hands, Go on Theme Park Date — See the Pic". Us Magazine. New York City: American Media Inc.
- Hearon, Sarah (December 21, 2018). "Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Split: What Went Wrong?". Us Magazine. New York City: American Media Inc. Retrieved December 26, 2018.
- D'Aluisio, Alexandra (June 3, 2019). "Kristen Stewart and Ex-Girlfriend Stella Maxwell Are Back Together". Us Weekly. Retrieved June 12, 2019.
- Dunedin : https://www.newzealand.com/uk/dunedin-coastal-otago/
- Max-Factor : https://www.maxfactor.com/en-gb/our-brand/max-factor-story, https://graziadaily.co.uk/celebrity/news/kristen-stewart-gate-crashed-exclusive-interview-stella-maxwell/
- Victoria's Secret : https://www.lb.com/our-brands/victorias-secret
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stella Maxwell.|