|Star Valley Wyoming Temple|
|Dedicated||October 30, 2016 by |
David A. Bednar
|Floor area||17,000 sq ft (1,600 m2)|
|Preceded by||Fort Collins Colorado Temple|
|Followed by||Hartford Connecticut Temple|
|Official website • News & images|
The Star Valley Wyoming Temple is a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in Star Valley, Wyoming. Star Valley is in Lincoln County, which has the highest percentage of Latter-day Saints in Wyoming. The temple was opened in 2016. The intent to build the temple was announced by church president Thomas S. Monson on October 1, 2011. The temple was announced concurrently with the Barranquilla Colombia, Durban South Africa, Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Provo City Center temples. When announced, the total number of temples worldwide increased to 166. When dedicated in 2016, it became the 154th temple of the LDS Church in operation. This is the first temple in Wyoming.
The temple is located east of U.S. highway 89 south of Afton, Wyoming. Craig C. Christensen presided at the temple's groundbreaking on April 25, 2015. A public open house was held from September 23 to October 8, 2016, excluding Sundays. The temple was dedicated by apostle David A. Bednar on October 30, 2016.
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Wyoming
- Walker, Joseph (October 1, 2011). "LDS general conference opens with the announcement of six new Mormon temples". Deseret News. Salt Lake City. Retrieved October 1, 2011..
- "Mormon church president announces plans for new temples in Utah, Wyoming, Colombia, Africa". Washington Post. AP. October 1, 2011. Retrieved October 5, 2011..
- Satterfield, Rick. "Star Valley Wyoming Temple". Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- "Ground Broken for Star Valley Wyoming Temple", Newsroom, LDS Church, April 25, 2015
- "Public Invited to Tour Star Valley Wyoming Temple", Newsroom, LDS Church, September 20, 2016
- "First Mormon Temple in Wyoming Is Dedicated: Star Valley Temple is 154th in the world", Newsroom, LDS Church, October 30, 2016
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|