This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Slogan||"City travel made easy"|
|Service area||Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire|
46,60,61,62,63, X12(Seasonal)Long Sutton 46,50,56,505,NG01,66
Stagecoach in Peterborough is a bus company, which runs services throughout Peterborough and the surrounding areas. It is part of Stagecoach Cambridgeshire, itself a subsidiary of the larger Stagecoach Group.
Stagecoach in Peterborough is the trading name of The Viscount Bus and Coach Company Limited, demerged as a subsidiary undertaking of Cambus Holdings Limited in 1989. Cambus Limited was formed in 1984 from demerger of the Eastern Counties Omnibus Company in preparation for bus deregulation and privatisation and was acquired by the Stagecoach Group Plc in 1995.
The Viscount Bus and Coach Company Ltd. was incorporated on 9 May 1989 as a subsidiary of Cambus Holdings Ltd., the management-owned holding company for Cambus Ltd. It took over the North Division operations of Cambus in September 1989. It introduced a livery of yellow and white with blue and grey stripes, while the coach livery incorporated a V logo in the stripes. Later there was also a Peterborough Bus Company version, using reds and cream.
Following the acquisition by Cambus Holdings of the bulk of Premier Travel Services Ltd. in May 1990, Viscount's coaching operations (Viscount Travel) were transferred to Premier Travel (which adopted a new livery based closely on that of Viscount, but using blues instead of yellow).
Cambus Holdings Ltd. was acquired by Stagecoach Holdings plc on 6 December 1995. Subsequently, full Stagecoach "stripes" livery was applied, with "Stagecoach Viscount" branding. The current livery with "Stagecoach Peterborough Citi" appeared later.
As of June 2019 the fleet consisted of 88 buses and coaches and consists of
8x Enviro 400 10010-10013, 19017, 19046, 19068, 19697
16x Enviro 400 MMC 10866-10881
13x Dennis Trident 18335, 18338, 18340, 18341, 18344, 18347, 18348, 18349, 18416, 18418,18420, 18421, 18422
18x Dennis Dart SLF 34421, 34422, 34424, 34425, 34426, 34530, 34533, 34549, 34771, 34773, 34834, 34835, 34878, 34880, 34881, 34882, 35105, 35186
32x Enviro 200 36011-36013, 36060-36065, 37210-37213, 37216-37235
3x Volvo B10M-62 52398, 52486, 52437
1x Bristol FLF6G 19952
- http://www.creditgate.com and search for Viscount Bus and Coach
- Photo of Viscount Buses livery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ewood_eddie1968/4744630331/
- Photo of Viscount coach livery, incorporating a V logo in the stripes: https://www.flickr.com/photos/grrrbpool/5312144329/in/pool-898316@N25/
- Photo of Premier Travel Services coach in Viscount Bus and Coach livery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/iainrobbie9/4052528515/in/set-72157622690505380
- Photo of Peterborough Bus Company livery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21611052@N02/5780503578/
- Photo of Viscount-based Premier Travel Services livery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/iainrobbie9/4069613360/in/set-72157622690505380/