|St. Amant High School|
12035 Hwy 431
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||"Success Through Actions the STA Way" "We Can & We Will!" "Together We Can Do Anything!"|
|Principal||Beth Templet, Matthew Monceaux(Now with new Bluff School)|
|Faculty||98.0 (on FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||2,064 (as of 2018-2019 school year)|
|Student to teacher ratio||123.1|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
|Rival||East Ascension Spartans|
Baton Rouge Catholic Bears
Dutchtown High School
The school colors are black and gold and the school mascot is the alligator. The current principal is Beth Templet.
The Freshman Academy at St. Amant High School was added and completed in 2016
The new $14,078,000 dollar 66,000 square-foot facility, which features 28 classrooms, a new state-of-the-art cafeteria and theater will be part of the solution for getting St. Amant High back on its campus by Feb. 13, 2017.
- Info from GreatSchools.Net
- Kim Batiste (born 1968), is a former Major League Baseball player for the Philadelphia Phillies (1991–1994) and San Francisco Giants (1996). Batiste was a member of the 1993 Phillies World Series team.
- Blayne Enlow (born 1999), baseball player
- Jason Garey (born 1984), All-American college soccer at the University of Maryland winning the 2005 Hermann Trophy as the best college player in his senior season. Led the Terrapins to the 2005 College Cup (NCAA national champions). Drafted by Columbus Crew in the first round (third overall) at the 2006 MLS SuperDraft, winning the MLS Cup in 2008.
- Butch Pierre (born 1962) is an assistant basketball coach for the Oklahoma State Cowboys and the former interim head coach of the Louisiana State University basketball
- Andy Sheets (born 1971), is a former shortstop in Major League Baseball who played for the Seattle Mariners (1996–1997), San Diego Padres (1998), Anaheim Angels (1999), Boston Red Sox (2000) and Tampa Bay Devil Rays (2001–2002). Sheets was a member of the 1998 Padres World Series team. Cousin of Ben Sheets (see below)
- Ben Sheets (born 1978), professional baseball player for the Atlanta Braves. Former teams included the Milwaukee Brewers and Oakland Athletics. He was a member of the 2000 Team USA Gold medal winning Olympic Baseball Team. Sheets is a four-time All-Star and was the N.L. starting pitcher for the 2008 All-Star game. Cousin of Andy Sheets (see above).
- Adarrial Smylie, former basketball player for Southern University
- Shannon Stewart (born 1978), June 2000 Playboy Playmate, model, actress
- Jason Williams, former Louisiana State University baseball standout and member of the 1996 Team USA Bronze medal winning Olympic Baseball team
- John "Hot Rod" Williams (born 1962), former NBA basketball player selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 1985 NBA Draft with the 21st pick of the second round.
- St. Amant High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 18, 2010.
- ROBIN FAMBROUGH (June 13, 2017). "Teeing one up: St. Amant's Blayne Enlow, Minnesota Twins swing a deal on the golf course | LSU". theadvocate.com. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- "Sheets' spinning world finally slowing down", The Advocate (Baton Rouge), May 13, 2005. Accessed September 2, 2008. "Sheets, a former St. Amant High School standout, has been on the disabled list since April 21 with an inner ear inflammation that left him so dizzy that he had to be hospitalized."
- "Adarrial Smylie". College Hoopedia. 2010. Retrieved July 3, 2012.
- Staff. "WILLIAMS' FIGHT WAS WORTH IT", The Sacramento Bee, November 11, 1986. Accessed September 11, 2008. "Fresh From a shave, John Williams Still looks like the hottest prospect at St. Amant High School in rural Sorrento, La."