The Stéphane Ratel Organisation (abbreviated as SRO) is a motorsport organization founded by French driver Stéphane Ratel in 1995. Based in London, the company is involved in the promotion, support, and organization of various national and international auto racing series around the world. The group is backed by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), who provide the regulations for all international and most national SRO series. Local regulatory bodies also assist the SRO, such as the Fédération Française du Sport Automobile (FFSA) and Royal Automobile Club of Belgium (RACB).
Stéphane Ratel had founded the Venturi Trophy in 1992 before assisting in the creation of the BPR Global GT Series in 1994. Ratel founded the SRO to expand on his experience with BPR and begin to expand smaller national or one-make series.
SRO Motorsports Group
The main organisation of the SRO is the Motorsports Group, which acts as organizers for auto racing series. Although the main group works with all series, there are German, Belgium, and Latin American divisions that concentrate on specific series within their region. Most racing series are grand tourer-based, but not all. Most SRO-run national series have adopted the racing formula that the FIA GT3 European Championship laid out in 2006 with its founding by the SRO and FIA.
- Blancpain GT Series
- Blancpain GT Series Asia
- British GT Championship
- GT4 European Series
- Blancpain GT Sports Club
- Blancpain Ultracar Sports Club
- Pirelli World Challenge
- Spa 24 Hours
- FIA GT World Cup
- Intercontinental GT Challenge
- Sepang 12 Hours
- Asia Pacific 36 Endurance Cup
- Curbstone Track Events
- BPR Global GT Series
- FIA GT Championship
- FIA GT1 World Championship
- FIA GT3 European Championship
- FIA GT Series
- Formula Renault 2.0 UK Championship
- Renault Clio Cup UK Series
- Blancpain Revival Series (GT90's Revival Series)
- Dutch GT4 Championship (It merged with GT4 European Cup in 2014)
- British Formula Three Championship
- Supercar Rally (features V6, V8 or V10 coupé)
Series to the sale
- "SRO Becomes Majority Shareholder of PWC". Sportscar365. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
|This sports car racing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|