|Spring Hill High School|
633 Highway 355 West
|School district||Spring Hill School District|
|NCES District ID||0512630|
|NCES School ID||051263001018|
|Faculty||23.36 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||10.88|
|Color(s)|| Blue |
|Athletics conference||2A 7 (2012-14)|
|Team name||Spring Hill Bears|
|USNWR ranking|| Silver Award|
#20 (Most Connected)
Spring Hill High School is a secondary school in unincorporated Hempstead County, Arkansas, United States, with a Hope postal address but outside of the Hope city limits. The school serves students in grades 7 through 12. It is one of four high schools in Hempstead County. It is the sole high school in the Spring Hill School District.
The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE), which requires students to complete at least 22 units to graduate. Students complete regular courses and exams and may self-select Advanced Placement (AP) coursework and exams with the opportunity for college credit. The school is accredited by the ADE.
In 2012, Spring Hill was nationally recognized with the Silver Award in the U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools ranking report as the No. 13 school in the state and No. 1,669 in the nation, along with No. 20 in the report's Most Connected School ranking. The school is accredited by AdvancED since 1964.
Spring Hill is one of twenty high schools to be recognized with the 2012 College Readiness Award by the Arkansas ACT Council in recognition of improving the participation rate of students taking the ACT college readiness exam.
The Spring Hill High School mascot is the Bear with blue and gold serving as its school colors. For 2012-14, the Spring Hill Bears compete in the 2A Region 7 Conference under the administration of the Arkansas Activities Association (AAA). Interscholastic activities include basketball (boys/girls), baseball, cheer, football, golf (boys/girls), softball, and track (boys/girls).
- Hope High School - In the Hope city limits and serving all of the Hope city limits
- "Spring Hill High School". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 1 February 1992.
- "Search for Public Schools - Spring Hill High School (051263001018)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Spring Hill School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "2012 Best High Schools". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 26 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Home". Spring Hill High School. Retrieved 2021-02-27.
633 Highway 355 W Hope , Arkansas 71801CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Hempstead County, AR" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2021-02-27. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) - The map shows the district does not include the city limits of Hope.
- "School Profile, Foreman High School". AdvancED. Retrieved 26 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Arkansas High Schools Receive College Readiness Award". Arkansas Department of Education. 13 November 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "School Profile, Spring Hill High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved 26 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)