Špaček (Czech pronunciation: [ˈʃpatʃɛk]) is a quite common Czech surname (the feminine form is Špačková). It may be spelled without diacritics as Spacek. In Czech language it means starling (a bird) or a "cigarette butt".
Among people named Špaček are:
- Daniel Špaček, Czech hockey player
- Jaroslav Špaček, Czech ice hockey player
- Josef Špaček Czechoslovak communist reformer; helped create the Prague Spring of 1968
- Otto Spacek, Czech World War II veteran
- Radim Špaček, Czech film director
- Sissy Spacek, American actress
- Steve Spacek, musician
Spacek may also refer to:
- Spacek s.r.o. of Hodonín, Czech Republic, the company behind the minimalist Spacek SD-1 Minisport aircraft.
- Spacek (band), a British electronic music band.
- Ulrika Spacek, a British musical group
|Look up špaček in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|This page lists people with the surname Špaček, Spacek, Spatzek. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|