|Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You|
|Directed by||Roberto Faenza|
|Produced by||Elda Ferri|
|Written by||Roberto Faenza|
|Based on||Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You|
by Peter Cameron
Marcia Gay Harden
Siobhan Fallon Hogan
Deborah Ann Woll
|Music by||Elisa , Andrea Guerra|
|Edited by||Massimo Fiocchi|
Jean Vigo Italia
Four of a Kind Productions
|Distributed by||01 Distribution|
|Box office||$666,922 (Italy)|
Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You is a 2011 comedy-drama film directed by Roberto Faenza based on Peter Cameron's novel of the same name. It is primarily Italian financed, but was shot in English. The teenage American protagonist was played by eighteen-year-old English actor Toby Regbo and the supporting cast is mainly American.
The film premiered at the 2011 Rome Film Festival and was scheduled for release in Italy in February 2012. It will receive its North American premiere at the 2012 Miami International Film Festival, but no further cinematic release dates have been announced.
The Italian reviews were mixed, but considerable praise was given for Regbo's performance.
A drama that follows James Sveck (Toby Regbo), a recent high school graduate in New York City, who feels out of step with his privileged upbringing.
- Toby Regbo as James Sveck
- Marcia Gay Harden as Marjorie Dunfour
- Peter Gallagher as Paul Sveck
- Deborah Ann Woll as Gillian Sveck
- Ellen Burstyn as James Sveck's grandmother
- Siobhan Fallon Hogan as Mrs. Beemer
- Lucy Liu as Rowena Adler, life coach
- Stephen Lang as Barry Rogers
- Gilbert Owuor as John Webster
- Aubrey Plaza as Real Estate Agent
Filming took place in New York from August 18 to October 4, 2010.
- "Roberto Faenza a New York gira Un giorno questo Dolore ti sarà Utile di Peter Cameron". cineblog. August 19, 2010. Retrieved August 19, 2010.
- Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You on IMDb
- Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a 2010s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|