|Location||Bahnstr. 5, Solingen, North Rhine-Westphalia|
|Fare zone||VRR: 746|
|Opened||25 September 1867|
Solingen Hauptbahnhof is the only railway station in Solingen, Germany, to be served by ICE and IC long distance trains. Solingen-Mitte station serves central Solingen, but only has Regionalbahn trains.
The first station in the area of present-day town of Solingen was built with the opening of the Gruiten-Cologne-Mülheim railway by the Bergisch-Märkische Railway Company. The station opened on 25 September 1867 and was named Ohligs Wald ("Ohligs forest"). That same year a branch line to Solingen was built from this station. In 1890, the Wald part of the name was dropped and with the incorporation of Ohligs into Solingen in 1929, the station was renamed Solingen-Ohligs. In 1894, the line from Hilden was opened.
The importance of the Solingen-Ohligs station always exceeded that of the other stations in Solingen, including the old Solingen Hauptbahnhof, since only Ohligs station is located on a main line. Consequently, it was the stopping point for long-distance traffic. This factor lead to the discussion of renaming this station to Hauptbahnhof and giving the Hauptbahnhof a new name. These discussions, however, never came to a conclusion, so the station kept its name until the end of 2006. With the decommissioning of the old Hauptbahnhof in May 2006, Solingen-Ohligs station was renamed as Solingen Hauptbahnhof on 10 December 2006.
Long distance trains
|Preceding station||Deutsche Bahn||Following station|
towards Basel SBB
|Preceding station||National Express||Following station|
toward Rheine Hbf
|RE 7 |
toward Krefeld Hbf
toward Wuppertal Hbf
|RB 48 |
|Preceding station||Rhine-Ruhr S-Bahn||Following station|
toward Dortmund Hbf
toward Wuppertal Hbf
- "Wabenplan für das Rheinbahn-Bedienungsgebiet" (PDF). Rheinbahn. 1 August 2008. Retrieved 4 November 2019.
- "Line 2730: Gruiten - Neurather Ring". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Solingen Hbf operations". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Line 2675: Solingen Hbf - Remscheid Hbf". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Line 2671: Hilden - Solingen Hbf". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 2 October 2011.