This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The regatta is open to Snipe Class International Racing Association (SCIRA) registered boats and class member skippers and crews, and the following trophies are awarded:
- Birney Mills Memorial Trophy to the winning Skipper from a qualified North American Country.
- Kim Thompson Memorial Trophy to the winning crew from a qualified North American Country.
- Chuck Loomis Trophy to the top Junior (Skipper or Crew will not have reached the age of 20 by December 31 of the year in which the event is sailed) team from a qualified North American Country. If no boat/team competes where both skipper and crew are junior sailors, the top placing junior skipper, or the top placing junior crew if no junior skipper racing.
It is held every year alternating venues around any country in North America. 3 races constitute a regatta.
2017 winners were Rodriguez and Kathleen Tocke.
- ^In 1997, due to wind conditions, only 2 races were completed and the regatta was not valid.
- ^^In 2001, Birney Mills Memorial Trophy and Kim Thompson Memorial Trophy went to Bill Hardesty and Jon Rogers (USA), as regatta winners were not from a qualified North American Country.
- "Birney-Mills-Memorial-Trophy" (PDF). snipe.org. Archived (PDF) from the original on 21 November 2016. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "Kim Thompson trophy" (PDF). snip.org. Archived (PDF) from the original on 21 December 2016. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "Chuck loomis trophy" (PDF). snipe.org. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2016-12-21. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
- "Rodriguez-Tocke dominate Snipe North Americans". Scuttlebutt Sailing News. 21 May 2017. Archived from the original on 21 May 2017. Retrieved 22 May 2017.