|Picture format||576i 16:9 SDTV|
|Owner||The Box Plus Network|
(Channel Four Television Corporation)
|Launched||15 May 2001|
|Former names||Smash Hits (2001–16)|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 336|
|Virgin Media (Ireland)||Channel 712|
|Sky (UK only)||Channel 354|
|Astra 2G||11264 H 27500 2/3|
|Box Plus||Watch live (UK and Ireland only)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
Watch live (Ireland only)
Box Hits (formerly Smash Hits) is a British commercial television channel owned by Channel 4's The Box Plus Network. The channel broadcasts general pop music in shows such as Chartbusters, which is recent music and Pop Domination, which is new and old music. It also shows other programmes such as themed countdowns and charts such as Top 50 Boy Bands. The channel also has hours dedicated to a particular artist or band such as Pussycat Dolls: Ultimate 10. It was originally based on the former Smash Hits magazine, which was owned by EMAP.
The channel is available on a number of platforms including Sky and Virgin Media. It is part of a network of channels owned by The Box Plus Network, which include 4Music, The Box, Kerrang!, Kiss and Magic. On 2 April 2013, all Box Television channels went free-to-air on satellite, apart from 4Music which went free-to-view. As a result, the channels were removed from the Sky EPG in Ireland. However, Smash Hits launched on Freesat on 15 April 2013, alongside three other Box Television channels.
On 25 May 2016, the channel was rebranded as Box Hits.
Smash Hits TV was also the name given to a spin-off TV show broadcast on Sky One in 2001.
- Massive Chart Hits - The best chart toppers back to back!
- Non-Stop Big Hits - We've got all the biggest videos from the biggest stars right here all through the night!
- Buzzin' with Big Hits - Nothing but the biggest hits around from the biggest artists on the planet, right here, right now!
- OMG! It's ... Years Since... - The best music videos from a selected number of years ago.
- Totally... - 30 minutes of the biggest music videos from your favourite artist.
- From Day 1 - Selected artist retrospective. Formally presented by Will Best, Kiss Radio's AJ King, or Kiss 100's Manny Norte (also used to be available on Kiss TV, Box Upfront, and The Box), it is now presented by the selected artist. The programme also airs on 4Music.
- All the Hits, All Weekend - We've got your weekend soundtrack sorted with the hottest music around!
- Official UK Airplay Chart Top 20 - 20 most-played songs played across UK radio stations in the last week.
- UK HOTLIST Top 20 - Will Best provides 20 most-streamed tracks of the week as compiled by Spotify.
- Face Off! - Music videos from two different artists.
- Hotmix - Exclusive non-stop mix of the hottest tracks to soundtrack your life!
- "Bauer's Box channels appear free-to-air on satellite". a516digital. 2 April 2013.
- "YouTube video showing the channels removed from the Sky EPG in Ireland". 3 April 2013. Retrieved 29 March 2020.
- "Freesat turn up the volume with 4 new music channels". Join Freesat. 15 April 2013.
- "The Box Plus Network announces the biggest refresh in its 24-year history". The Box Plus Network. 19 May 2016. Archived from the original on 1 July 2016. Retrieved 26 May 2016.