In 1901, he married Irene Regina, daughter of Henry Wieniawski and Isabelle Bessie-Hampton. The couple had been introduced by Nellie Melba. Lady Dean Paul, now adopted British nationality, but continued to publish works as "Irène Wieniawska". They had two other children:
- Aubrey Donald Fitzwarren Severin Dean Paul (1902–1904)
- Sir Brian Kenneth Dean Paul, 6th Baronet Paul of Rodborough (18 May 1904 – 5 August 1972)
The 5th Baronet converted to Roman Catholicism in 1914 and the couple's daughter was educated at convent schools. His wife maintained a Bohemian lifestyle and the couple separated in 1922.
- Baronetage, leighrayment.com; accessed 15 January 2018.
- Profile, WorldRoots.com; accessed 15 January 2018.
- Philip Hoare, ‘Paul, Brenda Irene Isabelle Frances Theresa Dean (1907–1959)’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004; online edn, May 2011
- National Portrait Gallery
- Manuel Couvreur, trans. Celia Skrine, Liner notes and texts for recording of Poldowski’s Verlaine songs by Élise Gabele and Phlippe Riga
- Museum and Gallery Reviews Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine, hwlondonartandartistsguide.com; accessed 15 January 2018.
|Baronetage of the United Kingdom|
Edward Dean Paul
Brian Dean Paul