|Founder(s)||Aw Boon Haw|
|Free online archives||Singapore National Library|
|Sin Chew Jit Poh|
Sin Chew Jit Poh was a Singapore newspaper. It was founded by Aw Boon Haw in Singapore. In the 1960s, it started its Malaysian bureau in Petaling Jaya, with full function printing house. Malaysian edition started to become a separate sister newspaper since they have the full function from news report writing to printing. Due to the Newspaper and Printing Presses Act enacted in 1974, starting from 1975, the two newspaper in Singapore and Malaysia had a separate ownership, which the Singapore edition was owned by Sin Chew Jit Poh (Singapore) Limited; the Malaysian edition was sold by Sin Poh Amalgamated in 1982.
Singapore's Sin Chew Jit Poh ceased publication in Singapore in March 1983 and subsequently merged with Singapore's Nanyang Siang Pau to become Lianhe Zaobao and Lianhe Wanbao; their parent companies, were merged in 1982 as Singapore News and Publications Limited, a predecessor of Singapore monopoly Singapore Press Holdings.
The Malaysian version of Sin Chew Jit Poh (now Sin Chew Daily), is still in circulation.
- Sin Poh (Star News) Amalgamated (24 February 1971). "星系報業有限公司來函照登". Nanyang Siang Pau (in Chinese). Singapore. Retrieved 7 October 2017 – via Singapore National Library.
- Sin Chew Jit Poh (Singapore) Limited (21 October 1977). "Offer for sale of 5,322,236 ordinary shares of S$1.00 each at S$1.05 per share by the public trustee". The Straits Times. Singapore. pp. 34 to 35. Retrieved 7 October 2017 – via Singapore National Library.
- Written at Singapore. "由南洋商報與星洲日報合併 新「聯合早報」正式刊印發行". The Kung Sheung Daily News (in Chinese). Hong Kong: The Industrial and Commercial Daily Press. Associated Press. 17 March 1983 [Written on 16 March 1983]. p. 2 – via Hong Kong Public Libraries.
- Written at Singapore. "新加坡報紙大改革 兩家中文報將合併 《南洋商報》《星洲日報》將聯組公司 另一家���文晚報轉入《新加坡導報》". Ta Kung Pao (in Chinese). Hong Kong. Reuters. 21 April 1982 [Written on 20 April 1982]. p. 2 – via Hong Kong Public Libraries.
- Nanyang Siang Pau Singapore Limited; Sin Chew Jit Poh (Singapore) Limited (21 April 1982) [Written on 20 April 1982]. "Joint Announcement". Business Times. Singapore. Retrieved 8 October 2017 – via Singapore National Library.