|Owned by||Vaibhav Global|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Broadcast area||United States and Canada|
|Formerly called||The Jewelry Channel (2007-09)|
Liquidation Channel (2009-16)
|Sister channel(s)||The Jewellery Channel (United Kingdom)|
|Available over the air in select markets||Check local lstings|
|Available on many providers||Check local listings|
|AT&T U-verse||399 (SD) |
|Digital media receiver||Roku channel|
|Live stream||Watch live|
Shop LC, formerly known as Liquidation Channel and The Jewelry Channel, is an American cable network based in Austin, Texas which mainly specializes in selling jewelry. The network is a subsidiary of the Indian-based Vaibhav Global Limited.
The network's reach is approximately 77 million households in the United States. The network sells inventory in a reverse auction format. It additionally airs late nights on the American Spanish-English network LATV through a time brokerage agreement, and has 39 over-the-air affiliates in mid-to-major markets through digital subchannels. The channel primarily sells jewelry, along with fashion accessories such as scarves and handbags.
The channel was launched as The Jewelry Channel in 2007, but switched over to a discount liquidation model in 2009 and the new name Liquidation Channel due to a lack of demand for luxury items in the Great Recession, and to reduce confusion with the already-existing Jewelry Television.
Jewelry Television sued Liquidation Channel for infringement of a reverse auction patent in June 2013. In October 2015, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board invalidated Jewelry Television's "abstract ideas" patent based on the previous Alice Corp. v. CLS Bank International ruling. On May 28, 2015, two customers sued the channel over falsely advertised discounts.
On January 9, 2017, Liquidation Channel officially rebranded itself as Shop LC; it had already removed all uses of the Liquidation Channel branding in full throughout 2016, branding solely as "LC". The meaning of the LC abbreviation was also changed so the channel's name now stands for "Shop Low-Cost".
- Adams, Susan. "Where The Jobs Will (And Won't) Be In 2014". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Liquidation Channel is broadcast to millions". archive.rrleader.com. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Liquidation Channel". Roku Guide. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Vaibhav Global: India's successful e-tail model". Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Vaibhav Global ready to shine: Nirmal Bang". www.moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "LATV Schedule" (PDF). 2019-04-02.
- "Stations for Network - Liquidation Channel". Rabbit Ears.info. Retrieved September 18, 2016.
- Dinges, Gary (March 12, 2016). "Liquidation Channel bringing local jewelry to world audience". My Statesman. Cox Media Group. Retrieved September 18, 2016.
- Bultman, Matthew (October 20, 2015). "Jewelry Channel Gets Rival's Auction Patent Axed Under Alice". Law360. Portfolio Media. Retrieved September 18, 2016.
- "The Liquidation Channel sued over allegedly false discounts". Legal NewsLine. LocalLabs News Service: Legal Newsline. June 15, 2015. Retrieved September 18, 2016.