|Look up shire in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A shire is a type of region in the United Kingdom and Australia.
Shire or The Shires may also refer to:
- 1 Places
- 2 People
- 3 Arts, entertainment, and media
- 4 Brands and enterprises
- 5 Other uses
- 6 See also
- Shire, Ethiopia, a town in Ethiopia also known as Inda Selassie
- Apostolic Vicariate of Shire, a Roman Catholic territorial jurisdiction in what was then Nyasaland Protectorate, Africa
- Shire River, a river in Malawi and Mozambique
- Shire Highlands, a plateau in southern Malawi lying east of the Shire River
- Shire Brook, in South Yorkshire, England
- Shire Country Park, a park south of Birmingham, England
- The Shire, an informal name for various counties of the United Kingdom
In North America
- Sutherland Shire colloquially referred to as The Shire, a suburban region of southern Sydney, Australia
- The Shires, former name of the shopping centre now known as Highcross Leicester
- The Shires Shopping Centre in Trowbridge, Wiltshire
- Shire (name), a traditional Somali name, including a list of people with the name
- Shires (surname), including a list of people with the name
Arts, entertainment, and media
- Shire (Middle-earth), a region in J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium
- Randall Shire, a Marvel Comics character
- The Shires (duo), British country music duo
- The Shire (soundtrack), part of the soundtrack of The Fellowship of the Ring
Other uses in arts, entertainment, and media
- The Shire (TV series), a reality television series about the Sutherland Shire, set in the suburban region of southern Sydney, Australia.
- The Shires, poetry collection by Donald Davie 1974
Brands and enterprises
- Shire (pharmaceutical company), a British speciality pharmaceuticals company
- Shire Books, a British publisher of books on history, heritage and antiques
- Shire Foods, a manufacturer of pies, pasties, and sausage rolls based in Warwickshire, England
- Battle of Shire, fought in 1936 as part of the Second Italo-Abyssinian War
- East Stirlingshire F.C., Scottish football club nicknamed "The Shire"
- Shire horse, a large breed of draft horse
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shire.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.