|Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas|
|Type||Hotel and resort|
|Location||Port Douglas, Far North Queensland|
|Design and construction|
|Number of rooms||294|
|Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort|
The Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas is a seaside resort hotel on Four Mile Beach in Port Douglas, Far North Queensland, Australia. Developed by businessman Christopher Skase at a reported cost of $100 million, it was officially opened in October 1987, and has been said to have transformed Port Douglas "from a sleepy far-north Queensland seaside town into a sophisticated tropical playground for the rich and famous."
Guests known to have stayed at the resort include former President of the United States Bill Clinton and his wife, former United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Hollywood stars Kate Hudson, Matthew McConaughey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks and John Travolta, opera singer Luciano Pavarotti, supermodel Claudia Schiffer, and rock singer Mick Jagger and his ex-wife, model Jerry Hall.
In 2004, the resort began a major refurbishment program, and in 2011 it was purchased by Melbourne property developer David Marriner and Chinese investor the Fullshare Group for $35 million. In 2013, Marriner sold his shareholding to the Fullshare Group.
- Elliott, Scott; Wilmot, Ben (8 April 2011). "Marriner buys Mirage Port Douglas". The Australian Financial Review. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Sykes, Trevor (1997). The Bold Riders: Behind Australia's Corporate Collapses (2nd ed.). St. Leonards: Allen & Unwin. ISBN 1864481846.
- "Brief History of Port Douglas, Far North Queensland". Douglas Shire Historical Society (NQ) Inc website. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Duff, Eamonn (13 January 2013). "The rise and fall of paradise". Traveller.com.au. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- "Christopher Skase-built resort set for a facelift". The Australian. 10 April 2011. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Kurosawa, Susan (Autumn 2004). "Port Douglas: Vintage Port". Luxury Travel (18). Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Fullshare Group spends $40m on Christopher Skase's former Port Douglas Sheraton Australian Financial Review 7 May 2015
- Fullshare Group announces $40m Sheraton Port Douglas upgrade to start next week Cairns Post 7 May 2015
- Kelly, Angie (5 November 2016). "Sheraton Mirage Resort, Port Douglas: The new-look Aussie resort located between the Daintree and Great Barrier Reef". Traveller.com.au. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
Media related to Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort at Wikimedia Commons
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort – official site