|Born||Shawn Martin Jordan|
October 24, 1984
El Paso, Texas, United States
|Other names||The Savage|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||266 lb (121 kg; 19.0 st)|
|Reach||75 in (190 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Team||Jackson's Submission Fighting|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Shawn Martin Jordan (born October 24, 1984) is an American professional mixed martial artist who competes in the Professional Fighters League's Heavyweight division. A professional competitor since 2009, Jordan has also formerly competed for Strikeforce, Bellator MMA and Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Shawn Jordan was born and raised in El Paso, Texas, attending Riverside High School where he excelled in football, basketball, wrestling, and track and field. Jordan was a two-time state champion in wrestling, was ranked as one of the top ten fullbacks in the country for football, and was the starting center on the basketball team for his freshman, sophomore, and junior seasons. Jordan continued his football career with a scholarship to Louisiana State University (LSU) under coach Nick Saban and then coach Les Miles where he was a member of LSU's 2003 BCS National Championship and 2007 BCS National Championship teams.
Shawn Jordan also had a cameo appearance in the film Philly Kid where he portrayed a Russian fighter by the name of Andres Titov.
Mixed martial arts career
Jordan made his amateur mixed martial arts debut in February 2008, which he lost. He rebounded in January 2009 with a TKO victory.
He made his professional mixed martial arts debut in May 2009 for Bellator and won via submission. Jordan then competed in various promotions over the next three years, amassing a record of 11–2 before joining Strikeforce.
Jordan debuted for the promotion on June 22, 2011, where he lost a unanimous decision to Devin Cole. Three months later Jordan fought Lavar Johnson, whom he defeated via submission in the second round.
With the dissolution of the Strikeforce Heavyweight division, Jordan was one of the first announced Heavyweight fighters to make the transition to the UFC.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Jordan next faced Jack May at UFC Fight Night 47 on August 16, 2014. He won the back-and-forth fight via TKO in the third round.
Jordan faced UFC newcomer Jared Cannonier at UFC 182 on January 3, 2015. He won the fight via knockout in the first round. The win also earned Jordan his first Performance of the Night bonus award.
Jordan had a rematch with Derrick Lewis on June 6, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 68. In their first encounter on the regional circuit in 2010, Jordan won by unanimous decision. Jordan won the rematch after hitting Lewis with a hook kick and following up with punches on the ground early in the second round. The win also earned Jordan his second consecutive Performance of the Night bonus award.
World Series of Fighting
On January 1, 2017 it was announced that Jordan would face reigning heavyweight champion Blagoy Ivanov for the title at WSOF 35. The event was originally scheduled for February 28 (incorrectly reported as Feb 25) but was rescheduled to March 18. Jordan lost the fight via TKO in the first round.
Jordan faced Josh Copeland on July 19, 2018 at PFL 4. He lost the fight via unanimous decision.
Championships and accomplishments
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|28 matches||19 wins||9 losses|
|Loss||19–9||Josh Copeland||Decision (unanimous)||PFL 4||July 19, 2018||3||5:00||Uniondale, New York, United States|
|Loss||19–8||Blagoy Ivanov||TKO (punches)||WSOF 35||February 25, 2017||1||1:43||Verona, New York, United States||For the WSOF Heavyweight Championship.|
|Win||19–7||Ashley Gooch||TKO (punches)||WSOF 33||October 7, 2016||1||4:40||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Loss||18–7||Ruslan Magomedov||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 192||October 3, 2015||3||5:00||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Win||18–6||Derrick Lewis||TKO (hook kick and punches)||UFC Fight Night: Boetsch vs. Henderson||June 6, 2015||2||0:48||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||17–6||Jared Cannonier||KO (punches)||UFC 182||January 3, 2015||1||2:57||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||16–6||Jack May||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. St. Preux||August 16, 2014||3||2:55||Bangor, Maine, United States|
|Loss||15–6||Matt Mitrione||KO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter China Finale: Kim vs. Hathaway||March 1, 2014||1||4:59||Macau, SAR, China|
|Loss||15–5||Gabriel Gonzaga||KO (punches)||UFC 166||October 19, 2013||1||1:33||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Win||15–4||Pat Barry||TKO (punches)||UFC 161||June 15, 2013||1||0:59||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada||Knockout of the Night.|
|Win||14–4||Mike Russow||TKO (punches)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Dodson||January 26, 2013||2||3:48||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Loss||13–4||Cheick Kongo||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 149||July 21, 2012||3||5:00||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Win||13–3||Oli Thompson||TKO (knee and punches)||UFC on FX: Alves vs. Kampmann||March 3, 2012||2||3:53||Sydney, Australia|
|Win||12–3||Lavar Johnson||Submission (americana)||Strikeforce Challengers: Larkin vs. Rossborough||September 23, 2011||2||3:08||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||11–3||Devin Cole||Decision (unanimous)||Strikeforce Challengers: Voelker vs. Bowling III||July 22, 2011||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||11–2||Kendrick Watkins||TKO (punches)||Gladiator Promotions: Summer Knockouts||July 16, 2011||1||0:19||Denham Springs, Louisiana, United States|
|Win||10–2||John Hill||TKO (punches and elbows)||Bellator 45||May 21, 2011||1||1:56||Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States|
|Loss||9–2||Mark Holata||KO (punch)||Bellator 31||September 30, 2010||1||1:13||Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States|
|Win||9–1||James Hall||Submission (rear-naked choke)||USA MMA: Stacked||July 31, 2010||1||0:45||Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States|
|Win||8–1||Derrick Lewis||Decision (unanimous)||Cajun Fighting Championships: Full Force||June 25, 2010||3||5:00||Lafayette, Louisiana, United States|
|Win||7–1||Kendrick Watkins||KO (punches)||MMA Fight Force: The Final Chapter||May 28, 2010||1||0:37||Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States|
|Win||6–1||Doug Williams||TKO (punches)||Bellator 18||May 13, 2010||1||0:19||Monroe, Louisiana, United States|
|Win||5–1||Marcus Kaiser||TKO (punches)||No Love Entertainment: War and Wheels||January 23, 2010||1||0:54||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Win||4–1||Corey Salter||TKO (punches)||USA MMA: Louisiana vs. Florida||October 9, 2009||1||3:18||Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States|
|Loss||3–1||Kenny Garner||KO (punches)||Atlas Fights: Cage Rage 2||September 6, 2009||1||0:51||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States|
|Win||3–0||Carlton Haselrig||TKO (punches)||UCFC: Rumble on the Rivers||June 27, 2009||1||2:57||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Win||2–0||Mahsea Bolea||KO (punch)||Raging Wolf 4: Defiance||June 13, 2009||2||1:02||Irving, New York, United States|
|Win||1–0||Jayme Mckinney||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||Bellator 9||May 29, 2009||2||1:39||Monroe, Louisiana, United States|
Amateur mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|2 matches||1 win||1 loss|
|Win||1–1||Chris Kissam||TKO (punches)||No Love Entertainment: Full Throttle||January 24, 2009||1||1:02||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Loss||0–1||Scott Barrett||TKO (punches)||RMMA: Renaissance MMA 5||February 9, 2008||1||N/A||Mandeville, Louisiana, United States|
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Boetsch vs. Henderson". UFC.com. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "UFC on FX 2:Alves vs. Kampmann". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 10 July 2012. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Mike Russow-Shawn Jordan added to UFC on FOX 6 in Chicago". mmajunkie.com. November 7, 2012. Archived from the original on January 3, 2013.
- "http://topmmanews.com/2013/03/03/ufc-161-canada-june-15/". TopMMANews.com. March 6, 2013. External link in
- "UFC 161 bonuses: James Krause earn $100K; Sam Stout, Shawn Jordan pocket $50K". sherdog.com. 2013-06-15.
- Brian Hemminger (2013-07-24). "Heavyweight bout Shawn Jordan vs Gabriel Gonzaga slated for UFC 166 in Houston". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- Staff (January 4, 2014). "Shawn Jordan vs. Matt Mitrione confirmed for TUF China Finale". uk.eurosport.yahoo.com. Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- Staff (2015-01-04). "UFC 182 bonuses: Paul Felder (of course) wins one of four $50K awards". mmajunkie.com.
- Staff (2015-03-03). "Derrick Lewis vs. Shawn Jordan added to UFC Fight Night 68". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- Brant Brookhouse (2015-03-30). "UFC heavyweight Shawn Jordan says Derrick Lewis attacked him after bell in first meeting". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "Cajun FC - Full Force, fight card". sherdog.com.
- "UFC Fight Night 68 results: Shawn Jordan pounds out Derrick Lewis in rematch". mmajunkie.com. 2015-06-06.
- Matt Erickson (2015-06-07). "UFC Fight Night 68 bonuses: Dustin Poirier gets $50,000 in front of home fans". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Jeremy Botter (2015-07-29). "Heavyweights Jordan, Magomedov meet at Houston's UFC 192". blog.chron.com. Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- Mike Bohn (2015-10-21). "With UFC contract complete, Shawn Jordan wants to fight Fedor Emelianenko". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-10-26.
- Brent Brookhouse (2015-10-03). "UFC 192 results: Ruslan Magomedov outslugs Shawn Jordan in heavyweight tussle". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-10-03.
- "Heavyweight UFC veteran Shawn Jordan, Lorenzo Hood sign deals with WSOF". mmajunkie.com. 2016-04-28.
- "Shawn Jordan's WSOF debut, two other bouts round out WSOF 33 six-fight main card".
- "Champ Blagoy Ivanov vs. Shawn Jordan slated for WSOF 35 on Feb. 25". Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- Helwani, Ariel. "World Series of Fighting postpones its next event". Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- Guillen, Adam (27 Jan 2017). "World Series of Fighting (WSOF) postpones upcoming WSOF 35 event (again)". Retrieved 28 February 2017.