|Date of Birth||June 16, 1970|
|Place of Birth||Thomasville, GA|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|School||Georgia Institute of Technology|
|Bowl Games Started|
|1991 Florida Citrus Bowl|
1991 Aloha Bowl
|Teams Played For|
Shawn Jones (born June 16, 1970) is an American former gridiron football player. He played professionally for the Minnesota Vikings in the National Football League (NFL) as well as the Baltimore Stallions in the Canadian Football League (CFL). Jones was a four-year starter at quarterback for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
Jones played high school football for the Thomasville High School Bulldogs as a quarterback.
Jones is arguably one of the greatest Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets quarterbacks ever, leading his team to the 1990 UPI National Championship, and amassing 35 wins, 9,296 yards of total offense, and 70 touchdowns over 4 years of collegiate play. In all of Georgia Tech football history, only Jones and three other quarterbacks started all four years of their collegiate careers.
1990 National Championship/1991 Citrus Bowl
Jones led the Yellow Jackets to a Division 1-A best 11-0-1 Record in 1990 capped off with a 45-21 Citrus Bowl victory over Nebraska. Jones would be named the Bowl MVP. Led by Jones, Georgia Tech finished #1 in the Coaches Poll and was the only undefeated team of the 1990 season and would share the title with Colorado who finished #1 in the AP Poll.
He found a quarterback position from 1994–1995 for the short-lived Baltimore Stallions, an American expansion team in the Canadian Football League. He would back up legendary Georgia Southern quarterback Tracy Ham as the Stallions became the only American expansion team to ever win the Grey Cup.
- Georgia Tech Athletics Hall of Fame (2003)
- Citrus Bowl MVP (1991)
- Georgia Tech-3rd All-Time Career Total Offense Leaders 9,296 yards
- Georgia Tech-2nd All-Time Career Passing Leaders 8,441 yards
- Thomasville High School
- "1990 Season in Review". Tech Topics. Georgia Tech Alumni Association. Spring 1991. Archived from the original on January 14, 2005. Retrieved April 11, 2007.
- "Georgia Tech Sports Hall of Fame Inductees". Retrieved April 11, 2007.
- "Georgia Tech Football Individual Records". Retrieved April 11, 2007.
- 1991 Florida Citrus Bowl
- "1993 Minnesota Vikings Roster". Retrieved April 18, 2007.
- "1994-1995 Baltimore Stallions". Archived from the original on February 21, 2013. Retrieved April 11, 2007.