|Shades of Two Worlds|
|Studio album by|
|Released||July 2, 1991|
|Recorded||April 1991 at Ardent Recording, Memphis, TN|
|Genre||Southern rock, blues rock|
|The Allman Brothers Band chronology|
Shades of Two Worlds is the tenth studio album by the Allman Brothers Band. Among the tracks are several longer songs of varying genres: the rock song "Nobody Knows"; jazzy instrumental "Kind of Bird"; and the blues-rocker "Get On with Your Life". Dickey Betts takes a more prominent role in songwriting here than on most other of the group's albums, writing or cowriting five of the eight songs. Newer member Warren Haynes also has co-writing credits on five songs. There is also a Delta Blues cover of Robert Johnson's "Come On in My Kitchen". This album is currently out of print in the U.S., but remains a popular favorite among the group's fans. The album is available on iTunes.
- "End of the Line" (Gregg Allman, Warren Haynes, Allen Woody, John Jaworowicz) – 4:38
- "Bad Rain" (Dickey Betts, Warren Haynes) – 5:33
- "Nobody Knows" (Dickey Betts) – 10:58
- "Desert Blues" (Dickey Betts, Warren Haynes) – 5:02
- "Get On with Your Life" (Gregg Allman) – 6:58
- "Midnight Man" (Dickey Betts, Warren Haynes) – 4:39
- "Kind of Bird" (Dickey Betts, Warren Haynes) – 8:26
- "Come On in My Kitchen" (Robert Johnson-Arranged by Dickey Betts) – 6:18
- Gregg Allman – organ, piano, lead vocals
- Dickey Betts – lead guitar, lead and background vocals
- Warren Haynes – lead guitar, background vocals
- Allen Woody – bass
- Jaimoe – drums, percussion
- Butch Trucks – drums, percussion
- Marc Quiñones - percussion
- Eder, Bruce (2011). "Shades of Two Worlds - The Allman Brothers Band | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- Swenson, John (2011). "The Allman Brothers Band: Shades Of Two Worlds : Music Reviews : Rolling Stone". web.archive.org. Archived from the original on January 8, 2009. Retrieved 6 August 2011.