|Goenda Shabor character|
|Last appearance||Asche Abar Shabor|
|Created by||Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay|
|Portrayed by||Saswata Chatterjee|
Shabor Dasgupta is an Assistant Commissioner, Detective Department of Kolkata Police. He is a cool and intelligent officer without having a super image like other fictional detectives. He investigates in a realistic way, cracking mysteries with psychology. Sometimes it appears that he is bereft of all passions and has no private life or affections. Shabor's assistant Nanda helps him. Like writer Mukhopadhyay, Shabor is a teetotaller, non-smoker and bachelor.
- Prajapatir Mrityu O Punarjanmo
- Aloy Chhayay
- Eagoler Chokh
- Shiri Bhenge Bhenge
Director Arindam Sil made the Goenda Shabor (film series) in Bengali based on the Shabor stories. Here actor Saswata Chatterjee portrayed the role of protagonist Shabor. The first film, Ebar Shabor, was released in 2015 the second film, Eagoler Chokh, was released in 2016 and the third, Aschhe Abar Shabor was released in January 2018.
- Roshen Dalal. "India at 70: snapshots since Independence". Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- Ganguly, Ruman (12 January 2017). "Shabar back on public demand". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 September 2018.
- Bhattacharyya, Deepshikha (22 August 2016). "Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay doesn't watch films made on his stories". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 30 September 2018.
- "Shabor & the girls". 16 January 2018. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay (2015). Rahasya Samagra (Bengali). Kolkata: Ananda Publishers. ISBN 978-93-5040-542-0.
- "Ebar Shabor, Arindam Sil's second directorial venture all set for release". www.washingtonbanglaradio.com. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- Shomini Sen. "Eagoler Chokh Review: Saswata Chatterjee Shines Throughout". Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Asche Abar Shabor". Retrieved 1 March 2018.