This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Service Desk Institute (SDI), founded in 1988, is a worldwide professional organisation for those working in the IT service and support industry. SDI delivers information to help improve the knowledge of help desk professionals through IT support training, community based forums and event-based services. Their stated goals are to help individuals improve their knowledge and skills to enhance the careers of IT service professionals.
SDI was first named The Help Desk User Group and was founded by Howard Kendall. The company later became known as the Help Desk Institute. In 2008 the company undertook a re-branding exercise and on 9 April 2008 changed its name to The Service Desk Institute.
- SDI's Standards for Service Desks and for IT Service professionals
- SDI's Free Online Service Desk Assessment
- Service Desk Certification, A Pocket Guide
- IT Service Buyer's Guide
- IT Service & Support Awards
- The SDI Service Desk Benchmarking Trends Report
- Future IT Service Trends: The Service Desk in 2017 & Beyond
- SDI Events Calendar: Inspiring one-day events for IT service professionals who want to improve their service desk
- Service Desk Analyst Qualification
- Service Desk Manager Qualification
|This organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|