Cover of English Servamp volume one.
|Written by||Strike Tanaka|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Magazine||Monthly Comic Gene|
|Original run||April 2011 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Written by||Kenji Konuta|
|Music by||Kenji Kawai|
|Original network||AT-X, Tokyo MX, Sun TV, Mētele, BS Nittele|
|Original run||July 5, 2016 – September 20, 2016|
Servamp (Japanese: SERVAMP -サーヴァンプ-, Hepburn: Sāvanpu) is a Japanese manga series by Strike Tanaka, serialized in Media Factory's shōjo manga magazine Monthly Comic Gene since 2011. It has been collected into thirteen tankōbon volumes. The series is licensed in North America by Seven Seas Entertainment. An anime television adaptation began airing on July 5, 2016 and concluded on September 20, 2016 with 12 episodes.
Mahiru Shirota is a normal high school student who likes simple things. One day, on his way back home, he finds a black cat and decides to take care of it, naming it Kuro. The next day, however, he is surprised to find out that the black cat is, in fact, one of the seven vampires that represent the Seven Deadly Sins. His name is Sleepy Ash, he represents Sloth, and he turns into a cat when exposed to sunlight. By giving Sleepy Ash a name and a cat bell, and then calling him by his given name, Mahiru accidentally forms a temporary contract with him. The contract is finalized once Sleepy Ash drinks his blood, making him Mahiru's vampire servant known as "Servamp" and Mahiru becomes his master called "Eve". Following this, Mahiru and Sleepy Ash, now Kuro, encounter Tsubaki, a vampire who claims to be the Servamp of Melancholy and the unknown eighth brother of the other Servamps. Tsubaki intends to wage an all-out war against his seven brothers, while Mahiru decides to gather them to fight against Tsubaki and his group together.
- Mahiru Shirota (城田真昼, Shirota Mahiru)
- Voiced by: Takuma Terashima (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Clifford Chapin (English)
- He's a freshman high school student who lost his mother to an accident at a young age. Having no father to take care of him, he was left in the care of his ever-busy uncle. As a result, Mahiru grew up mostly alone and has developed many talents for household chores. Mahiru's talent for housework has also extended into his school life where he often uses them for class projects and the like. After discovering Sleepy Ash as a cat and eventually becoming his Eve, he obtains a Lead (essentially a conjured tool for Eves) in the form of a Broomstick. Kuro later notes in irony that it is what may represent him the most due to Mahiru's personality, and that it was the first thing he used to hit Kuro with when they met. His Lead later changes into a Spear, giving Mahiru more physical prowess. Mahiru's catchphrase is "Thinking simply, it's got to be me!"
- Misono Alicein (有栖院 御園, Arisuin Misono)
- Voiced by: Hiro Shimono (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Christopher Bevins (English)
- Lily's Eve, he's a high school student who is in the same year as Mahiru. Misono comes from a very wealthy family and unfortunately possesses a very weak physical composition, which causes him to be easily exhausted. He has a tendency to look down on others such as when he commanded Mahiru to work for him in stopping Tsubaki. It's possible that this may be due to a lack of social skills. He is a child born from the affair between his father and Mukuni's home tutor. Out of jealousy, his real mother was killed by his father's wife with Doubt Doubt's help. She spared Misono and decided to raise him as her own son. While growing up, he witnessed his older brother Mikuni kill their mother but could not remember it fully because his memory was altered by Lily. He resented his brother for leaving the house until he learns the truth. Misono's Lead is a chair which he often sits in to rest, and has so far shown creative uses for said chair in combat.
- Mikuni Alicein (有栖院 御国, Arisuin Mikuni)
- Voiced by: Tetsuya Kakihara (anime) (Japanese); Christopher Wehkamp (English)
- Jeje's Eve, he's Misono's older brother and an antique dealer. He puts on a childish personality, however his true personality is quite the opposite; he is cunning, shown to be quite manipulative and doesn't have a second thought killing Subclass. Misono resented him for killing their mother and for running away and taking Doubt Doubt with him. It is later revealed that Mikuni and Misono are actually half-brothers. Mikuni accepted the result of his father's affair but despised his father all the same. When Doubt Doubt's power took a toll on his mother's sanity, Mikuni killed her to keep her from killing Misono. Then he left home, taking Doubt Doubt with him. He is a former member of C3. His Lead is a rope that takes the form of a noose, which he uses to strangle people to death. He is, so far, the only Eve to have a Lead that specialises in killing his opponents.
- Tetsu Sendagaya (千駄ヶ谷 鉄, Sendagaya Tetsu)
- Voiced by: Yūki Ono (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Chris Rager (English)
- Old Child's Eve, he's a junior high school student who works in an onsen. He tends to be very soft-spoken and simple-minded. Despite being a junior-high student, Tetsu has a tall and big stature, and people often mistake him for a college student. Tetsu doesn't seem to care at all that he's associated with vampires, shown by how he often carries around his Lead (in his case, a giant indestructible coffin) which he even uses to advertise for his family's Onsen, since he doesn't know how to get rid of it. His contract with Hugh has recently come under speculation as it was revealed that he is not the one who chose the name "Hugh", with a necessary part of the contract being that the Eve chooses the new name; and it is possible that Hugh has been working with Tsubaki, much to the shock of Tetsu.
- Licht Jekylland Todoroki (リヒト・ジキルランド・轟, Rihito Jikirurando Todoroki)
- Voiced by: Nobunaga Shimazaki (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Aaron Dismuke (English)
- Lawless' Eve, he's a world-known Austrian pianist. Licht's personality can only be described as bizarre; he seems to consider himself an Angel, and even strikes poses while wearing a white backpack with wings attached. It's rare to see him smile; he almost always scowls. Licht has a violent streak, often brutally attacking other vampires (which he labels "Demons"). Licht also has an intense hatred for Lawless in particular, who he often calls a "rotten hedgehog" and is prone to tormenting or attacking. Licht possesses two Leads: A pair of powerful boots which can slow the regeneration abilities of vampires he kicks with, and a Grand Piano which he can play various songs on, with often debilitating effects on those who listen to them.
- Izuna Nobel (イズナ・ノーベル, Izuna・Nōberu)
- An engineer for C3 who has become the new Eve for the Servamp of Wrath, The Mother, who she named "Freya". Their contract item is Izuna's hair that she chopped off during battle.
- Niccolo Carpediem (ニコロ カルペディエム, Nikoro Karupediemu)
- The current Eve of World End, the Servamp of Gluttony, who he named "Ildio". Their contract item is unknown. Niccolo is also the boss of the Carpediem mafia family.
- Sleepy Ash (スリーピーアッシュ, Surīpī Asshu)
- Voiced by: Yūki Kaji (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Chuck Huber (English)
- A Servamp, or servant vampire, of Sloth. The name given to him by Mahiru as part of their Servamp contract is Kuro (クロ), due to the color of his cat form's fur. Kuro is the oldest of the seven Servamp siblings and, according to Mikuni, arguably the most powerful of them. This is contrary to Kuro's lazy personality, and he can often be found dozing off, playing video games, or eating junk food in Mahiru's apartment. So far, he is the only Servamp without any Subclass, because he doesn't know whether a person wants to live longer or not and has so decided to have none. Kuro's past is mired in mystery to Mahiru, as he is rarely ever willing to discuss it. The mere mention of his past was enough to make the usual lazy Kuro to become angered. It's revealed that Kuro had a falling out with Lawless because he decided to kill the one who made them vampires after receiving the request from C3. The reason for accepting the request is because he thinks that the world doesn't need "monsters" like them anymore. Following the request, Sleepy Ash killed his own creator, but this haunted Kuro who ended up regretting his action. The regret and grief made Kuro decide to not do anything unless someone tells him to, until Mahiru urges him to face his own mistake, which also significantly improves Kuro and Mahiru's friendship. Kuro has two animal forms: the first being his usual cat form, and the second being a giant lion form. Kuro's primary weapons are a pair of deadly, razor-sharp claws that can easily skewer targets.
- Tsubaki (椿)
- Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Micah Solusod (English)
- The vampire of Melancholy. This mysterious man introduces himself as the eighth Servamp and the youngest sibling, despite the fact that there are only supposed to be seven. Tsubaki has a psychotic and unstable personality, which is evident through his stated desire to "kill everyone who doesn't know him". His motives and past are currently unclear. Tsubaki commanded a sizable force of Subclass vampires until Lawless of Greed massacred almost all of them during their attempt to kill his Eve during a concert. His animal form is a fox. His primary weapon is a Katana.
- All of Love (スノウリリイ, Sunou Rirī)
- Voiced by: Kazuma Horie (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Jerry Jewell (English)
- All of Love (オールオブラブ, Āru obu Rabu), also known as the Servamp of Lust, is the Servamp of Misono Alicein. The name given to him for his contract is Snow Lily or simply Lily. He is the second youngest of the eight known Servamps, and has a tendency to strip no matter the occasion. For generations he has served the Misono family alongside Doubt Doubt, the Servamp of Envy. After Mikuni killed his mother to protect Misono years before, Lily manipulated Misono's memory so he won't remember the reason behind Mikuni's banishment from the house out of fear that Misono would reject him for being the representation of lust. When Misono finds out about Lily's manipulation without knowing the truth, the bond between him and Misono becomes strained for a moment, giving Otogiri the opportunity to destroy his pocket watch that was also the source of his power, greatly weakening him. Since then, Lily is mostly bedridden and lost his tendency to strip as his body becomes weaker. His animal form is a butterfly. His primary weapon is a conjured Scythe that can cut the "spirits" of its victims, rendering them unconscious.
- Doubt Doubt (ダウトダウト, Dauto Dauto)
- Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda (anime) (Japanese); Christopher R. Sabat (English)
- The Servamp of Envy, and bound by contract under the name Jeje (ジェジェ) to Mikuni Alicein. Jeje is the third eldest Servamp, and possesses a quiet personality. He rarely speaks and often mumbles when he does. Jeje used to serve Mikuni's mother and has been protecting the Alicein family together with Lily for generations. However, seven years before the start of the manga, Jeje's power started to corrupt Mikuni's mother, leading her to kill Misono's mother. Jeje erased any evidence of the murder. She eventually tried to kill Misono himself but the attempt was stopped by Mikuni who killed his mother and took Jeje with him when he left the house. His animal form is a snake. Jeje's primary weapons are a pair of conjured fully automatic guns that are mostly hidden underneath his massive sleeves.
- Old Child (オールドチャイルド, Ōrudo Chairudo)
- Voiced by: Ayumu Murase (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Michelle Rojas (English)
- Old Child is the Servamp of Pride and is bound by contract to Tetsu Sendagaya. His contract name is Hugh (ヒュー, Hyū) and he is the second oldest of the Servamp siblings. This is despite his tiny stature, being no taller than 2'6". Hugh's most notable personality feature is his childish sense of pride, such as how he claims that Tetsu's blood is absolutely gourmet. Out of all the Servamps, Hugh has the most Subclass, to the point where they are practically his information network; he often uses them to gather intel on Tsubaki or indulge in his obsession with other people's love stories. During the group's attempt to rescue Licht and Lawless, Hugh fell into Tsubaki's trap and lost his power after being defeated. The result is the total change of Hugh's character, going from being childish to a personality of an old man, having walking and memory issues.
- Lawless (ロウレス, Rōresu)
- Voiced by: Ryōhei Kimura (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Ian Sinclair (English)
- Lawless is the Servamp of Greed and the fifth youngest Servamp, bound by contract to Licht Jekylland Todoroki. His contract name is Hyde (ハイド, Haido), which coincides with Licht's middle name "Jekylland", referencing the story of Jekyll and Hyde and symbolizing their antagonistic relationship. Lawless' personality is extremely unstable, as he has no interest in the value of human life and is often prone to brutally slaughtering anyone in his way. According to the Servamp of Pride, Lawless has a habit of killing his Eves if he gets bored of them. Licht, however, is an exception as Lawless enjoys his naive personality and his habit of calling himself an Angel. He used to be a Servamp of a princess named Ophelia, and fell in love with her. He was heartbroken when she married a prince from a neighbouring country and was then executed, refusing to escape with Lawless because she wanted peace between both countries. Lawless' condition worsened after he had a falling out with Kuro who decided to kill their own creator himself, leading Lawless to become the way he is now. After Licht helped him realize his true wishes, Lawless abandoned his previous view on life and finally reconciled with Kuro.
- The Mother (ザ・マザー, Za Mazā)
- Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu (anime) (Japanese); Leonie Dubuc (English)
- The Servamp of Wrath and the only female Servamp. She is always frowning, making people believe she is angry, though she's only trying to act cool. She was married to her Eve and together they owned an apple farm. She was later confined in C3 Tokyo HQ along with her two Subclass, Gil and Ray, though she didn't make a move nor had any intention to escape from confinement until Licht and Lawless free her. She reveals that a week before her confinement, her Eve died of old age. Lawless requests her to help stop Tsurugi, which she agrees to and saves Tsurugi when he was drowning after getting defeated by her Subclass who were trying to free her. She and Tsurugi are then trapped in the falling floor due to the impact of the prison break. To save both herself and Tsurugi, The Mother suggests that Tsurugi become her new Eve. She instead ends up forming a contract with Izuna Nobel, taking the contract name Freya (フレイア, Fureia).
- World End (ワールドエンド, Wārudo Endo)
- Voiced by: Junichi Suwabe (anime) (Japanese); Florian Clyde (English)
- The Servamp of Gluttony. True to the sin he embodies, he has an incredibly huge appetite, able to eat the whole restaurant menu. Unfortunately, he is broke and doesn't have much money. He proclaimed himself as Sleepy Ash's rival. It was recently revealed that he is contracted to a man called Niccolo Carpediem, having taken the name of Ildio (イルディオ, Irudio), and was defeated by Tsubaki and had his Jinn removed.
- Sakuya Watanuki (綿貫桜哉, Watanuki Sakuya)
- Voiced by: Toshinari Fukamachi (drama CD), Yūto Suzuki (anime) (Japanese); Brian Olvera (English)
- Mahiru's classmate and Tsubaki's Subclass. When he was a child, he lived with his older sister and their parents. Their parents were abusive and mistreated them. One night, Sakuya watched his sister jump from their apartment room, being forced by their parents so they can get her insurance money, but not before she made them promise to spare Sakuya. Unfortunately, years later, Sakuya was forced to do the same, and when he was dying, he was saved by Tsubaki. Sakuya first met Mahiru when they were in middle school, becoming friends with him and he even went as far as manipulating Mahiru's memory to make him think that they were childhood friends. After Mahiru got into a contract with Sleepy Ash, Sakuya removed the fake memories from Mahiru and attacked him, wishing for Mahiru to end his life. Mahiru, however, refused to kill him and instead promised that he will free him of Tsubaki's control.
- Belkia (ベルキア, Berukia)
- Voiced by: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (drama CD, anime) (Japanese); Mike McFarland (English)
- Tsubaki's Subclass, a somewhat eccentric childish man who fights with magical playing cards and takes the form of a doll. He first appears in the first chapter, being ordered by Tsubaki to take down both Kuro and Mahiru, only to get defeated by Kuro after Mahiru finalized their contract.
- Shamrock (シャムロック, Shamurokku)
- Voiced by: Wataru Hatano (anime) (Japanese); Michael Johnson (English)
- Otogiri (オトギリ)
- Voiced by: Atsumi Tanezaki (anime) (Japanese); Apphia Yu (English)
- She is Tsubaki's female Subclass. She is mostly seen wearing a nurse outfit. She has a special ability to use her strings to bind her opponents and also control marionettes that she uses for attacks. If necessary, she also uses her strings to control her unconscious allies' bodies and moves them to attack. She has a habit of finding something that is unexpected to be troublesome.
- Lilac (ライラ, Raira)
- Voiced by: Yō Taichi (anime) (Japanese); Jad Saxton (English)
- Sometimes romanized as Lila, he is Tsubaki's Subclass who survived Lawless' massacre during the ambush at Licht's piano concert. He is saved by Mahiru from Lawless and is then used as a bargaining chip to exchange the Greed Pair when the two are captured.
- Higan (ヒガン)
- Voiced by: Keiji Fujiwara (anime) (Japanese); Kent Williams (English)
- Higan is Tsubaki's strongest Subclass and is considered number 2 in Tsubaki's group. He has the ability to create fire from his hands and ignites flames from scratches he made on an opponents' body. When drinking human blood, he metamorphoses back into his much younger form that also significantly increases his power.
- Guildenstern (ギルデンスターン, Girudensutān)
- Voiced by: Shunsuke Takeuchi (anime) (Japanese); Sven Fechner (English)
- Nicknamed Gil, he is Lawless' Subclass who always covers his entire body by wearing Licht's whale mascot costume, Whale.
- Syuhei Tsuyuki (露木 修平, Tsuyuki Syūhei)
- Voiced by: Kaito Ishikawa (anime) (Japanese); Austin Tindle (English)
- Tsuyuki is a member of the research team in C3. He has a deep hatred for vampires after his father, who was also a C3 member, was killed by Shamrock, one of Tsubaki's Subclass. Due to this, he initially wanted to be on the fighting team, but his bad fighting style forced him to stay in Research. When he was in high school, he was Mikuni's underclassman and the two of them don't get along. He always anticipates small things that might happen and prepares in advance for when the time comes. This becomes one of the running gags in the series.
- Tsurugi Kamiya (狼谷 吊戯, Kamiya Tsurugi)
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Kamiya (anime) (Japanese); Joel McDonald (English)
- As one of the strongest C3 members from the fighting team, Tsurugi is feared amongst vampires for mercilessly killing many of their kind, and seems to enjoy the act. He was born and grew up in C3 under the guidance of C3 Tokyo branch's vice manager, Taishi Toma. While he is cruel and even sadistic in slaying his enemies, he is cheerful and childish around other people, especially around Junichiro and Yumikage who are his best friends. He claims he has no pride and will do anything as long as he gets paid. Harshly trained under Toma's brainwashing, Tsurugi's mind became very unstable. He blindly follows Toma's orders and kills whoever's in his way, be it vampires or humans, going as far as to hurt even his own close friends under the twisted impression it is for their own protection. He used to be partnered with Mikuni and Jeje during Mikuni's time in C3, but they hate each other so much that they both have no hesitation to try and kill the other.
- Junichiro Kurumamori (車守盾一郎, Kurumamori Junichirou)
- Voiced by: Yoshimasa Hosoya (anime) (Japanese); Ben Phillips (English)
- Junichiro is one of C3 members from the fighting team who is partnered with Tsurugi and Yumikage.
- Yumikage Tsukimitsu (月満弓景, Tsukimitsu Yumikage)
- Voiced by: Daisuke Ono (anime) (Japanese); Jeremy Inman (English)
- Partnered with Tsurugi and Junichiro, Yumikage is one of C3's fighting division.
- Taishi Toma (塔間泰士, Touma Taishi)
- Toma is the vice manager of C3 Tokyo branch.
- Ryusei (流星, Ryūsei)
- Voiced by: Genki Okawa (anime) (Japanese); Stephen Sanders (English)
- One of Mahiru's close friends since childhood.
- Koyuki (小雪, Koyuki)
- Voiced by: Kōtarō Nishiyama (anime) (Japanese); Alejandro Saab (English)
- One of Mahiru's close friends since childhood.
- Toru Shirota (徹城田, Tōru Shirota)
- Voiced by: Yōji Ueda (anime) (Japanese); Sonny Strait (English)
- Mahiru's uncle who took Mahiru into his care after his mother passed away. Due to his work that requires him to work abroad, Toru rarely returns home. Mahiru looks up to his uncle and considers him his role model, taking a few of his characteristics.
- Johannes Mimir Faustus (ヨハネス・ミーミル・ファウストゥス, Yohanesu Mīmiru Fausutousu)
- Voiced by: Kōji Yusa (anime) (Japanese); Justin Briner (English)
- Johannes is a researcher obsessed with researching vampires, taking delight in doing experiments on them. He is also an acquaintance of Mikuni's.
- Yully (ユリー)
- Voiced by: Ayaka Nanase (anime) (Japanese); Kristen McGuire (English)
- Lily's Subclass and Marry's twin sister.
- Marry (マリー)
- Voiced by: Sayaka Senbongi (anime) (Japanese); Kristi Rothrock (English)
- Lily's Subclass and Yully's twin sister.
- Dodo Eisuke (洞堂永介)
- Voiced by: Kojji Takahashi (anime) (Japanese); Roland Wolf (English)
- Dodo is a servant of the Alicein household. He was an orphan who was saved and taken in by Lily when he was a child.
- Rosen Crantz (クランツ・ローゼン, Kurantsu Rōzen)
- Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa (anime) (Japanese); Tyson Rinehart (English)
- Crantz is Licht's manager.
- Ophelia (オフィーリア, Ofīria)
- Voiced by: Yumi Uchiyama (anime) (Japanese); Alexis Tipton (English)
- Ophelia was Lawless' Eve whom Lawless fell in love with hundreds of years before the story. She was a princess of an unknown country who made a contract with Lawless when she was a child. She wished for peace in both her own and the enemy's country, so she married the other country's prince. However, the marriage was a ploy by her kingdom, leading her to be executed. Even though she could escape, she refused to do so and instead became determined to bring the two countries together by becoming the symbol of peace, conveying her wish before she got executed. As she hoped, the two countries were united and she became the symbol of peace. Unfortunately, the country was eventually destroyed by another bigger country. Her death had a strong impact on Lawless who began to think that all lives are worthless, meaningless and no one is unique.
Strike Tanaka began publishing Servamp in the first issue of Media Factory's Monthly Comic Gene magazine in April 2011, where it was first tentatively titled Eve and Servamps. The chapters from the magazine have been collected into fourteen tankōbon that have been released by Kadokawa. In July, 2014 Seven Seas Entertainment announced it had licensed the series for publication in North America. Seven adapted English-language manga volumes have been released, with more announced. In addition to print material, the series also inspired six drama CDs, the first of which was released with volume six of the manga in July 2014.
In addition to drama CDs the series has also produced several character song CDs, as well as an original soundtrack CD. In total there have been five character pair CDs, released in 2015, as well as a character song mini-album and an original soundtrack, both of which have been released in October 2016. The anime series also had an opening song, "Deal With" by Oldcodex, and an ending song, "Sunlight Avenue" by Takuma Terashima.
An anime television adaptation was announced in the August issue of Monthly Comic Gene. It was reported by Oricon Style that the adaptation would be a television series. The anime was produced by Brain's Base with Itto Sara serving as the chief director, Hideaki Nakano as director and Kenji Konuta handling series composition, with character designs by Junko Yamanaka and music by Kenji Kawai. The anime aired from July to September 2016. Funimation had licensed the series for streaming on their website.
|1||"Mahiru and Kuro"|
"Mahiru to Kuro" (真昼とクロ)
|July 5, 2016||—|
|Mahiru Shirota is a high school student who likes simple things and dislikes complicated things, so he picked up a cat that he named Kuro. The next day, he finds out that Kuro is actually a vampire who only metamorphoses into a cat if exposed to sunlight. Mahiru accidentally makes a contract with Kuro the moment he calls his given name in his human form. Kuro explains that he is a special type of vampire who makes a contract and then serves humans. He can only drink blood from his master and must listen to their orders. Mahiru had made a temporary contract with him, and as long as Kuro doesn't drink Mahiru's blood for 24 hours, the contract is cancelled. Until then, he cannot be separated from Mahiru. While shopping, they are attacked by another vampire, Belkia. Although initially reluctant, Kuro saves Mahiru from Belkia and Mahiru decides to finalise their contract by making Kuro drink his blood. With the contract made, Kuro becomes a servant vampire called Servamp, and Mahiru his master called Eve. With the power of their contract, Kuro easily defeats Belkia.|
|July 12, 2016||—|
|Mahiru and Kuro are approached by Tsubaki, the vampire who ordered Belkia to attack Kuro. He reveals that there are seven known Servamp siblings, each representing one of the Seven Deadly Sins. He then introduces himself as the eighth Servamp of Melancholy. To stop Tsubaki, Mahiru attempts to form a contract with him, leading Tsubaki to try and kill him, but before he can do so, another Servamp, All of Love, saves Mahiru and Kuro. The pair is approached by the Eve of Servamp of Lust, Misono Alicein who then introduces All of Love, now going by the name of Snow Lily. He demands Mahiru to give Kuro to him to get rid of Tsubaki, but Mahiru instead offers an alliance between them.|
|3||"About the Future That Never Came" |
"Otozurenakatta Mirai ni Tsuite" (訪れなかった未来について)
|July 19, 2016||—|
|Misono tells Mahiru of a weapon called Lead that Eves get from their Servamp, so Mahiru asks Kuro to give him one, which takes the form of a broom. Meanwhile, one of Mahiru's close friends, Sakuya, is revealed to be one of Tsubaki's Subclass. The next day, Mahiru realises that his memories of Sakuya are starting to disappear. Sakuya then approaches and lures Mahiru and Kuro to an alley where he reveals that he and Mahiru only know each other for a year and admits his connection with Tsubaki, Otogiri attacks Kuro and Mahiru, and the two are saved by Misono and Lily who manage to defeat Belkia, but Otogiri uses her ability to control his unconscious body. Sakuya then severely injures Misono, and Mahiru, horrified by Sakuya's action, decides to fight despite his own dilemma.|
|July 26, 2016||—|
|Mahiru's uncertainty overflows within Kuro, causing him to lose control of his power. As Mahiru is engulfed by Kuro's power, Sakuya tries to help him, admitting he acted the way he did to convince Mahiru to kill him. Kuro is stopped by the Servamp of Envy, now named Jeje, and the Subclass are forced to retreat. Jeje's Eve, an antique dealer, offers Mahiru a chance to cancel the contract between him and Kuro if he feels like it. The incident leaves Mahiru confused about the way he is using his power. By chance, he meets Tsubaki at a sushi bar and asks how Sakuya became his Subclass. Tsubaki explains that Sakuya, along with his sister, used to be abused by his parents. His older sister was forced into suicide so their parents can earn the insurance money, and they forced Sakuya to do the same six years later but Tsubaki saved him by turning him into his Subclass. Mahiru confronts Sakuya at the school festival and the two make amends with Mahiru promising he will stop Tsubaki so Sakuya can be free.|
|5||"I Am an Adult. This is Society" |
"Ore wa Otona, Koko wa Shakai" (俺は大人, ここは社会)
|August 2, 2016||—|
|Mahiru receives a letter that Kuro quickly dismisses as being a prank. At a summer festival, Mahiru is approached by a stranger and asked to take a silver case to the lost and found stall, as the man had no time to do it himself. On his way, he meets a young man carrying a coffin who claims that there's a vampire sleeping inside it. An explosion occurs and Mahiru finds out it came from a case similar to the one he is carrying. He quickly calls Kuro to throw it into the sky, but it starts falling back too soon. The young man from earlier catches it with his coffin where it explodes, leaving the coffin intact. He introduces himself as Tetsu Sendagaya, the Eve of Servamp of Pride, named Hugh. After forming an alliance with the two of them, Mahiru is kidnapped by a neutral organisation called C3 while Kuro is attacked by three C3 members. A C3 researcher, Syuhei Tsuyuki, demands Mahiru to give them Kuro, as they also want to stop Tsubaki. He threatens that Mahiru will die due to the distance between him and Kuro. Refusing to cooperate, Mahiru escapes by himself and rescues Kuro.|
|6||"Angel or Demon" |
"Tenshi ka Akuma" (天使か悪魔)
|August 9, 2016||—|
|One of Hugh's Subclass informs them about a suspicious person defeating another Subclass. Mahiru and Kuro tail the person who appears to have captured a Servamp who takes the form of a hedgehog. However, it is revealed that the person, Licht Jekllyland Todoroki, is in fact the Eve of the Servamp of Greed, Lawless, who is on bad terms with Kuro and refuses to cooperate with them. Finding out Licht is a famous pianist and is holding a concert, Mahiru and Kuro go to the concert to try and convince him again, but realise that the concert is merely a trap set by Tsubaki who had sent Subclass to kill Licht and Lawless. Lawless manages to kill nearly all of Tsubaki's Subclass himself, however, and he and Kuro have a brief fight after Lawless brings up a past incident that involves the Servamps receiving an order from C3. The fight is stopped by Licht, who himself then almost has another fight with Lawless, but both are stopped by Lawless' Subclass, Guildernstein. As the situation resolves, Mahiru takes custody of the sole survivor of Tsubaki's Subclass to get information. Meanwhile, Tsubaki, enraged by the death of his Subclass, directly confronts Lawless.|
|7||"Because I Am..." |
"Nazenara Ore wa" (なぜなら俺は)
|August 16, 2016||—|
|After bringing Tsubaki's Subclass, Lilac, to their place, Mahiru thinks that Tsubaki will come and save him just like he did with Belkia. While discussing this, Mahiru notices Kuro acting strange after the incident with Lawless regarding his past. The next day, Licht's manager, Rosen Crantz, explains that Lawless has gone missing and Licht is feeling unwell. Deducing that Tsubaki has attacked Lawless for revenge, Mahiru and Kuro go to look for the weakened Licht, who is fighting Higan, one of Tsubaki's Subclass ordered to capture him. Mahiru and Kuro try to help him, but Kuro suddenly becomes a black ball, resulting in Licht's capture. Using the cell phone Higan dropped, Misono makes contact with Tsubaki and demands to trade the Greed Pair for his Subclass. Back at the lodging, Mahiru discovers that Kuro is unharmed inside the ball and vows to return him back to normal.|
|8||"Nothing Begins Without Action" |
"Hajime ni Okonai Ariki" (はじめに行いありき)
|August 23, 2016||—|
|Mahiru and Tetsu try to free Kuro from the ball to no avail. Mahiru remembers the antique dealer who helped him once before, who seemed to know more about vampires and decides to go to his shop while Misono, Lily, Tetsu, Hugh, Crantz, and Guilderstein come up with a plan to save Licht and Lawless. From the picture in Higan's cell phone and Misono's servant, Dodo, they find out that Tsubaki is staying at a hotel. At the antique shop, Mahiru and Kuro are welcomed by a doctor named Johannes who is researching vampires. The antique dealer, revealed to be Misono's older brother Mikuni, explains that Subclass can be killed if a Servamp drinks their blood, and that Servamps can be broken by destroying the item that their Eve gave them along with a name. Johannes then tricks Mahiru into drinking something that sends him to Kuro's mind. Misono, Lily, Tetsu, and Hugh infiltrate the hotel Tsubaki is staying in while the vampire is not present, only to find out they have fallen right into Tsubaki's trap.|
|9||"I'm Not Wrong" |
"Ore wa Machigattenai" (俺は間違ってない)
|August 30, 2016||—|
|Lawless' Subclass confront Tsubaki to buy some time until Misono and the others rescue Licht and Lawless. Misono and Lily fight against Sakuya on the basement floor while Tetsu and Hugh fight against Tsubaki's remaining Subclass. Mahiru, who has entered Kuro's mind, witnesses his memories that show the Servamps having a majority vote to decide whether they should kill their creator or not. Kuro, being the last to vote, decides on killing the person, stating he will personally do the job. This earns him disdain from Lawless who greatly objects the request. When Kuro goes to kill his creator, however, his resolve starts to waver but he is still going through his decision. The incident makes Kuro question his own action. Feeling Kuro's uncertainty, Mahiru urges Kuro to face his past and assures that he is there for him, convincing Kuro to return.|
|September 6, 2016||—|
|Lawless and Licht clash against each other after a heated argument. Licht points out Lawless' attempt to run away from reality by devaluing people's lives. This enrages Lawless who then shows Licht his past. Hundreds of years ago, he was serving a princess named Ophelia who was his Eve at the time, whom he fell in love with. However, he was heartbroken when Ophelia chose to marry a prince from a neighbouring country to avoid war. This didn't last long as Ophelia's marriage was a ploy by her kingdom to attack, leading Ophelia to be executed but not before she left an inspiring speech that eventually brought peace to both countries. After Ophelia's death, Lawless and the rest of the Servamps are called to a meeting regarding the request to kill their creator. Already in despair after Ophelia's death, Kuro's decision to kill their creator furthered disillusioned Lawless' view of human lives and it finally reached its peak when the country that Ophelia sacrificed her life to protect was destroyed by another country. Now knowing Lawless' problem, Licht uses his piano play to urge Lawless to be honest with his own feelings and realize his wishes as he calls Lawless with his current name: Hyde. With the new resolve, both free themselves from their confinement but then meet face-to-face with Higan.|
|11||"For Not Forgiving Me" |
"Yurusanaide Kurete" (許さないでくれて)
|September 13, 2016||—|
|Lawless and Licht are able to corner Higan, pushing the Subclass to unleash his full power. Meanwhile, Mikuni and Jeje arrive and save Misono and Lily from Sakuya, urging the Lust Pair to go to where Tetsu and Hugh are fighting against Tsubaki's remaining Subclass. When they get there, they find out Hugh has disappeared after becoming trapped inside Belkia's magic box. Without any manpower left, Misono decides to retreat until Mahiru and Kuro, now taking the form of a giant black lion, save them, easily defeating the Subclass. Back to Lawless and Licht, the Greed Pair finally defeat Higan using the combination of Licht's piano play and Lawless' swordsmanship just as Mahiru and Kuro arrive. Kuro takes the opportunity to finally reconciles with Lawless. Their relief is short-lived when Lila, still bitter at Lawless for killing his friends, steals Lawless' contract item. The situation worsens when Tsubaki arrives.|
|12||"Thinking Simply..." |
"Shinpuru ni Kangaete..." (シンプルに考えて)
|September 20, 2016||—|
|Tsubaki reveals that he has defeated Hugh and then proceeds to break Lawless' contract item, causing the Servamp to lose his power. He confronts Kuro, recognising his lion form as the one who killed their creator. Kuro tries to talk Tsubaki out of fighting further, but Tsubaki refuses to listen out of his twisted dedication to fulfil their creator's expectation. While Misono, Tetsu, Licht, and Lawless evacuate with C3's help, Mahiru decides to stay and fight together with Kuro. Confronting Tsubaki, Mahiru's weapon changes into a key that unlocks Tsubaki's past. After being picked and metamorphosed into a vampire by the creator of the Servamps, Tsubaki is unsure of his place among his vampire siblings and could only rely on his creator until Kuro killed him, which lead to Tsubaki seeking vengeance against Kuro. Determined to end the fighting, Mahiru and Kuro struggle against Tsubaki's attacks until Mahiru finally reaches Tsubaki, convincing him to stop. Afterwards, Tsubaki cuts all ties with his Subclass and disappears, while Mahiru and his friends return to their normal lives.|
- "Strike Tanaka's Servamp Manga Gets Anime Adaptation". Anime News Network. July 13, 2015. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "Servamp TV Anime's 1st Promo Reveals July Premiere". Anime News Network. February 1, 2016. Retrieved February 1, 2016.
- "Servamp TV Anime Casts Ryohei Kimura, Nobunaga Shimazaki". Anime News Network. August 12, 2015. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "'Servamp' Broadcast Dub Anime Cast Revealed". The Fandom Post. July 19, 2016. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- "Servamp Vampire Anime's Cast, TV Broadcast Listed". Anime News Network. July 15, 2015. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "Servamp TV Anime Casts Kenjiro Tsuda, Tetsuya Kakihara, Yuuto Suzuki". Anime News Network. December 17, 2015. Retrieved December 17, 2015.
- "Servamp TV Anime Casts Hikaru Midorikawa, Shunsuke Takeuchi". Anime News Network. August 8, 2016. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- "Seven Seas Licenses 12 Beast, Servamp Manga". Anime News Network. July 30, 2015. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "Makoto Shinkai's New Hoshi o Ou Kodomo Film Gets Manga". Anime News Network. February 10, 2011. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "Servamp". Seven Seas Entertainment. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- １". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol.1 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- ２". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol.2 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- ３". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol.3 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- ４". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol.4 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- 5". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol.5 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- 6". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol.6 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- ７". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol. 7 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- ８". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol. 8 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- ９". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol. 9 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "SERVAMP-サ���ヴァンプ- 10". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol. 10 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- 10.5". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- 11". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol. 11 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- 12". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol. 12 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- 13". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- "Servamp Vol. 13 | Seven Seas Entertainment". Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- "SERVAMP-サーヴァンプ- 14". Monthly Comic Gene (in Japanese). Retrieved October 5, 2019.
- "Servamp Character CD Vol.1: Mahiru & Kuro at Frontier Works online". Frontier Works. June 24, 2015. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Servamp Character Song Mini-Album". Servamp Official Website. September 14, 2016. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Servamp Original Soundtrack". Servamp Official Website. September 22, 2016. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Deal With". Servamp Official Website. July 27, 2016. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Sunlight Avenue". Servamp Official Website. August 17, 2016. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "STAFF&CAST - servamp" (in Japanese). Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- "Funimation to Stream D. Gray-man, Servamp, Tales of Zestiria, Danganronpa 3, Love Live! Sunshine!!, First Love Monster, Handa-kun, Tsukiuta, Time Travel Girl, XechS, Regalia". Anime News Network. June 23, 2016. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- Silverman, Rebecca (October 3, 2015). "Servamp GN 1 - 3". Anime News Network. Retrieved October 6, 2015.