Amidei in 1955
|Born||30 October 1904|
|Died||14 April 1981 (aged 76)|
Amidei was born in Trieste. He worked with famed Italian directors such as Roberto Rossellini and Vittorio De Sica. He was nominated for four Academy Awards: in 1946 for Rome, Open City, in 1947 for Shoeshine, in 1949 for Paisà and in 1961 for Il generale della Rovere. In 1963 he was a member of the jury at the 3rd Moscow International Film Festival. In 1975 he was a member of the jury at the 9th Moscow International Film Festival. The city of Gorizia has established an international recognition dedicated to him, which rewards the best film screenwriters annually.
He died in Rome.
- Don Bosco (1935)
- Pietro Micca (1938)
- The Count of Brechard (1938)
- The Night of Tricks (1939)
- Then We'll Get a Divorce (1940)
- The Prisoner of Santa Cruz (1941)
- The Last Dance (1941)
- Jealousy (1942)
- The Taming of the Shrew (1942)
- Don Cesare di Bazan (1942)
- The Queen of Navarre (1942)
- Harlem (1943)
- The Son of the Red Corsair (1943)
- Sad Loves (1943)
- The Priest's Hat (1944)
- Crime News (1947)
- Pact with the Devil (1950)
- Paris Is Always Paris (1951)
- The Machine That Kills Bad People (1952)
- The President of Borgorosso Football Club (1970)
- "3rd Moscow International Film Festival (1963)". MIFF. Archived from the original on 2013-01-16. Retrieved 2012-11-25.
- "9th Moscow International Film Festival (1975)". MIFF. Archived from the original on 2013-01-16. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "37° Premio Internazionale Alla Migliore Sceneggiatura 'Sergio Amidei'" [37th International Award for Best Screenplay 'Sergio Amidei'] (PDF) (Press release) (in Italian). Sergio Amidei Award. May 31, 2018. Archived (PDF) from the original on June 8, 2018. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- "Premio Sergio Amidei dal 12 al 18 luglio a Gorizia" [Sergio Amidei Award from 12 to 18 July in Gorizia] (in Italian). Cinecittà. May 31, 2018. Archived from the original on June 8, 2018. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
|This biographical article about an Italian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to film in Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|