This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The area developed due to the tin mines. One of the popular tourist spot in Serendah is Perigi Tujuh Serendah. It was built to resist floods, as the name Serendah reflects that this area is located at low level.
There are a number of Chinese temples, one Mosque and a number of surau, one Sikh temple and other religious structure of other regions.
- Hock Leng Keng Temple (双文丹福灵宫), founded in 1869
- Goddess Mazu Temple (妈祖庙)
- Sze Yeah Kong Temple (仙四師爺宮), founded in 1898
- Jing Loong Shan Wan Fo Shih (金龙山万佛寺)
- Liang Liang Temple (娘娘庙)
- Mosque Serendah at Jalan Besar KL-Ipoh
- Sikh Temple - Gurdwara Sahib Serendah
- Vinayagar Temple
There is one secondary school and three primary schools:
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Serendah
- Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan (Cina) Serendah
- Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Serendah
A new Komuter station, The Serendah Komuter station which is stationed roughly two kilometres northwest from and named after Serendah, is opened on April 21, 2007 alongside the Rasa and Batang Kali stations.
Perodua, one of the national car maker is headquartered in Serendah.
- "镇庙之宝：双文丹福灵宫．宝庙无钉 石狮贪玩". Retrieved 17 May 2020.