The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founders||Ryan Feit, James Han|
|Headquarters||New York City, United States|
|Services||Entrepreneurship, startups, investment|
Number of employees
SeedInvest is an equity crowdfunding platform that connects startups with investors online. The company was founded in 2012 and launched in 2013. SeedInvest has focused on building liquidity in the platform by attracting high-net-worth individuals, family offices and venture capital firms. SeedInvest screens and vets deals before allowing them to take advantage of the JOBS Act exemption permitting General Solicitation. In September 2014 the company launched a partnership with Angel Investing website Gust.
SeedInvest raised a significant portion of its own $4.15 million in total Series A funding online in April 2014  from Scout Ventures and a mix venture capital and angel investors. An earlier round of seed capital was raised in 2013.
Capital raised on the platform
Notable funding rounds on SeedInvest have included Virtuix ($7M raised), Knightscope ($5M raised), Keen Home ($2.5M raised), DSTLD ($2.5M raised), ChargeItSpot ($1M raised), Patch of Land ($1M raised), Sharestates ($1M raised), Snapcard ($1.5M raised) and Vengo Labs ($2M raised).
SeedInvest founders Ryan Feit and James Han were involved in consultation with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and in the United States Congress for the passing of the JOBS Act. The JOBS Act included provisions that permit online equity crowdfunding by platforms such as SeedInvest. SeedInvest hosted the first Testing The Waters campaign under the new Regulation A rules for equity crowdfunding on June 19 2015.
- Clifford, Catherine (June 11, 2014). "Crowdfunding Platform Raises $4 Million to Fund Its Own Growth". Entrepreneur.
- Kopytoff, Verne (February 5, 2013). "Crowdfunding: Waiting for the Investor Pool to Deepen". Businessweek.
- Harrison, J.D. (October 29, 2013). "New crowdfunding rules: The good and bad news for entrepreneurs and investors". Washington Post.
- Alden, William (September 18, 2014). "Crowdfunding Site SeedInvest Strikes Deal to Widen Its Reach". New York Times.
- Kolodny, Lora (October 2, 2014). "Startups Advertising to Raise Funding More Than VC Firms Are, Study Says". "Wall Street Journal".
- Lunden, Ingrid (April 14, 2014). "SeedInvest raises Series A". TechCrunch.
- Kolodny, Lora (June 28, 2013). "SeedInvest raises $1M". Wall Street Journal.
- Summers, Nick (February 12, 2013). "SeedInvest launches its online crowdfunding platform". The Next Web.