|Known for||Rubik's Cube speedsolving|
Sebastian Weyer (pronounced //) is a German Rubik's Cube speedsolver who specializes in 4x4x4 solving. Weyer has broken the 4x4x4 single solve world record 9 times and the average of five solves record 9 times. He set his first world record on 1 May 2011.
Weyer is the 2017 World Champion in 4x4x4, 3-time European Champion in 4x4x4, 2014 German Champion in 3x3x3, 8-time German Champion in 4x4x4, 5-time German Champion in 5x5x5, and 2013 German Champion in Megaminx.
Weyer currently holds the world record for the single 4x4x4 solve with a time of 17.42 seconds set in the Danish Open 2019 on 15 September 2019. This was the first-ever sub-18 second single in competition. He last held the world record for the average of five solves on 12 May 2018.
Weyer attended the World Championships in 2013, 2017, and 2019. At the 2013 World Championship in Las Vegas, Weyer placed 2nd in 4x4x4 and 3rd in 3x3x3. At the 2017 World Championship in Paris, Weyer won the 4x4x4 event. At the 2019 World Championship in Melbourne, Weyer placed 2nd in 4x4x4 and 3rd in 3x3x3, just as he did at his first World Championship in 2013.
|Event||Type||Time (min:sec)||World ranking||European ranking|
- World Cube Association - Sebastian Weyer Records
- World Cube Association - 4x4x4 History
- World Cube Association - European Records
- World Cube Association - World Championship 2013 podiums
- World Cube Association - World Championship 2017 podiums
- World Cube Association - World Championship 2019 podiums
- Speedsolving.com - Sebastian Weyer
- World Cube Association - Philipp Weyer results
- World Cube Association - Sebastian Weyer rankings
- "Die Superhirne". www.zdf.de (in German). Retrieved 2019-07-17.