Sean Sullivan (December 26, 1921 - June 3, 1985) was a Canadian actor. He is most noted for his stage and television performances in productions of David French's play Of the Fields, Lately, for which he won an ACTRA Award in 1977 as Best Television Actor for the CBC Television film; and his film performances in Springhill, for which he won a Canadian Film Award as Best Actor in a Non-Feature Film in 1972, and The Boy in Blue, for which he received a posthumous Genie Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor at the 7th Genie Awards in 1986.
Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, he began his career as an actor when a stage play he appeared in in his 20s, Golden Boy, reached the finals of the Dominion Drama Festival. He soon began appearing in CBC Television productions, including episodes of the drama anthology series Playbill, CBC Summer Theatre, Folio and General Motors Theatre. His film roles included Nobody Waved Good-bye, The Young Ones, Why Rock the Boat?, 125 Rooms of Comfort, One Man, The Silent Partner, Atlantic City and The Grey Fox.
- Here Will I Nest (1942) - Col. Thomas Talbot
- A Dangerous Age (1957) - Police Officer
- During One Night (1960) - Major
- The Long Shadow (1961) - Burgen
- The Young Ones (1961) - Eddie
- Gang War (1962) - Al Hodges
- Nobody Waved Good-bye (1964) - Probation Officer
- Adulterous Affair (1966) - Frank
- Do Not Fold, Staple, Spindle or Mutilate (1967)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) - Dr. Bill Michaels
- Change of Mind (1969) - Mr. Robinson
- Flick (1970) - Prof. Preston
- Face-Off (1971) - Greg Walsh
- The Sloane Affair (1972)
- Pinocchio's Birthday Party (1973) - Giapetto
- Why Rock the Boat? (1974) - Herb Scannell
- 125 Rooms of Comfort (1974) - Jack
- Deadly Harvest (1977) - Dr. George Abbott
- One Man (1977) - Rodney Porter
- The Silent Partner (1978) - Frank, Bank Guard
- Nothing Personal (1980) - Dean Collier
- Atlantic City (1980) - Buddy
- Silence of the North (1981)
- The Grey Fox (1982) - Newspaper Editor
- The Dead Zone (1983) - Herb Smith
- Best Revenge (1984) - Paperman
- Heavenly Bodies (1984) - Real Estate Salesman
- Mrs. Soffel (1984) - Farmer
- The Boy in Blue (1986) - Walter (final film role)
- "The consummate Canadian actor". The Globe and Mail, June 22, 1985.
- "Sullivan, Sean". Canadian Theatre Encyclopedia, October 12, 2006.
- "Sean Sullivan, philosopher". The Globe and Mail, May 9, 1977.
- "Joshua, American Cousin lead pack in Genie pursuit: Phillip Borsos and Hal Banks miss the cut". The Globe and Mail, February 14, 1986.
- "Sean Sullivan: Luck played part in varied career of versatile actor". The Globe and Mail, June 5, 1985.
|This article about a Canadian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|