This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sean Chapman is an English actor. He played Frank Cotton in Clive Barker's Hellraiser, and its sequel, Hellbound: Hellraiser II. He also voiced the character Sgt. Michael Sykes (callsigned "Psycho") in Crysis in 2007 and in Crysis Warhead in 2008.
- Passion Flower Hotel (1978) - Rodney
- Scum (1979) - James
- Party Party (1983) - Sam Diggins
- Underworld (1985) - Buchanan
- Eat the Rich (1987) - Mark
- The Fourth Protocol (1987) - Captain Lyndhurst
- Hellraiser (1987) - Frank Cotton / Frank The Monster (voice)(UK release)(uncredited)
- Hellbound: Hellraiser II (1988) - Frank Cotton / Frank The Monster (voice) / Skinless Frank (voice)
- For Queen and Country (1989) - Bob Harper
- Tangier Cop (1997) - Arthur Smith
- The Sea Change (1998) - Rupert
- One of the Hollywood Ten (2000) - Edward Dmytryk
- Gangster No. 1 (2000) - Bent Cop
- Joy Division (2006) - Harris
- A Mighty Heart (2007) - US Journalist
- Psychosis (2010) - Detective Sergeant
His television work is extensive, including leading roles in many single dramas and TV plays, including the films Made in Britain, CH4, and Contact.
One of his earlier television appearances was as Coleman, part of a kidnapping gang in the hard-hitting police drama The Professionals; episode The Acorn Syndrome (1980). Other leading roles in television include The Black and Blue Lamp (BBC), No Further Cause For Concern (BBC), Ellington (ITV), Peak Practice (ITV), Kavanagh QC (ITV), Midsommer Murders (ITV), Trial and Retribution V (ITV) and Murphy's Law (ITV). He has also featured in various episodes of French & Saunders and in Absolutely Fabulous. He appeared in the episode The Raven in the Foregate from the third series of Cadfael in 1997 as a medieval murder suspect and spy.
His work in London theatre is also extensive. Leading roles include Enemies (Almeida 2006), A Prayer for My Daughter (Young Vic, 2007).
Leading roles at the National Theatre include Angels in America (1992), Rutherford and Son (1995), Fair Ladies at a Game of Poem Cards (1999), The Prince's Play (2000), Sleep With Me (2002).
His repertory work outside London during the 1980s includes Hamlet (Royal Exchange),Pride and Prejudice (Leicester Haymarket), The Clandestine Marriage (Bristol, Old Vic), Comedy of Errors (York Playhouse), Wolf at the Door, Invisible Friends (Scarborough, Stephen Joseph Theatre).
Other work in London's West End includes the National Theatre production of Single Spies (Queens Theatre), and Me and Mamie O'Rourke (Aldwych).
- A Distant Prospect (2010) - novel
- The Blood in the Moon (2012) - novel
- Ms Derby Requires (2013) - four short stories
- The Mason’s Son (2017) - novel