|Sayyad-2 (Hunter II)|
A Sayyad-2 system of the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Defense Force in 2015.
|Type||Mobile long range surface-to-air missile with anti-ballistic missile capability|
|Place of origin||Iran|
|Used by||See iran|
|Designed||2011 or earlier|
|Sayyad-2: 100–120 km|
Sayyad-2C: up to 75km
Sayyad-3: 120-150 km
Sayyad-4: 210 km
|Flight altitude||Sayyad-2: up to 27 km|
Sayyad-2C: up to 30 km
Sayyad-3: 27-30 km
Sayyad-4: 30-40 km
|Speed||Sayyad-2: Mach 3.6-4|
Sayyad-2C: Mach 4.5+
Sayyad-3: Mach 4.5-5.1
It is an upgraded version of the Sayyad-1 system with higher precision, range and defensive power. Sayyad-1 is the Iranian upgraded version of the HQ-2 SAM system, however it differs with the Chinese versions in guidance and control subsystems. Sayyad-1 is equipped with an about 200-kilogram warhead and has a speed of about 1,200 meters per second. The range of the Sayyad-2 missile is not known. Different sources claim various numbers, from 60 km to a 120 km.
After the unveiling ceremony in November 2013 it became clear that the Sayyad-2 missile looks similar to the SM-2 Standard SAM missile but its control fins are similar to the Iranian medium range TAER-2 SAM missile. Also announced that it will have cooperation with S-200 system via TALASH-2 interface system. It is planned that Sayyad-2 missile be added to Iranian Moudge-class frigates. Iranian defense minister announced that Sayyad-2 covers medium range and high altitudes and it has a combined guidance system.
The launcher of Sayyad-2 missile that consist of 4 canisters in 2*2 configuration is one of the interesting things about this new Iranian surface to air missile because it has so much apparent similarity to American MIM-104 Patriot SAM system launchers.
Sayyad-3 is a similar missile, but with a long-range capability. It has similar diameter as Sayyad-2 but longer body with different wings and control surfaces. Based on current estimates Sayyad-3 has the range about 150–200 km. Iranian Defence Minister Hossein Dehghan stated the maximum range is about 120 km. This missile will be added to S-200 SAM systems via TALASH-3 system. Sayyad-3 on Khordad 15 (air defense system) is capable of detecting, intercepting, and destroying six targets simultaneously. The system is capable of detecting fighter aircraft, cruise missiles and unmanned combat aerial vehicles (UCAV) from 150 kilometres (93 mi) away and is able to track them within a range of 120 kilometres (75 mi) and the Sayyad-3 missile, used by the SAM system, has a range of 200 kilometres (120 mi).The system can also detect stealth targets from a distance of 85 kilometres (53 mi) and can intercept and destroy them within a range of 45 kilometres (28 mi) 
It appears that two new above missiles will be used like the Iranian long range SAM system Bavar-373 to cover various ranges and altitudes. The missile can also be fired by the Talaash Air Defense System.
- "Iran inaugurates production line of Sayyad-2 missile", PressTV, November 9, 2013
- "Iran tests Talash air defence system - Jane's 360". www.janes.com.
- "Iran tests anti-aircraft missile system". PressTV. 16 April 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- "تجهیز ناوشکن دماوند به رادار سهبُعدی و سامانه موشکی صی��د ۲ + عکس". 19 July 2014.
- "افتتاح خط تولید مو��ک "صیاد 2"+عکس". 9 November 2013.
- "Iran launches mass production of new surface-to-air missiles", RT, November 9, 2013
- "تجهیز سامانه اس200 به موشک صیاد3". 26 April 2014.
- https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/06/09/598080/Iran-air-defense-system-Khordad-15. Missing or empty
- https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Iran-claims-to-have-new-air-defense-system-591966. Missing or empty
- "Iranian Army deploys new Talash 3 Air Defence System to western Iran". Army Recognition. 28 September 2017. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Commander: Iran Mulling Change in Sayyad Missiles to Mount It on Mowj-Class Vessels", FarsNews Agency, January 27, 2014