This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Savannah Christian Preparatory School|
|Motto||"To develop the whole person to the glory of God."|
Dr. Chris Harmon upper school|
Jamie Bopp, middle school
Becky Knight, lower school
|Headmaster||Dr. Chris Harmon|
|Grades||Pre-kindergarten - 12th grade|
|Campus size||250 acres (1.0 km2)|
Red and white|
The 254-acre (1.03 km2) Chatham Parkway campus hosts over 1,180 lower, middle and upper school students, and 250 daycare/preschool students. Facilities include thirteen buildings with classrooms, labs, media centers, gyms, a dining hall, an outdoor pool, a track, five athletic fields, three playgrounds, and the Ecological Diversity for Educational Networking (E.D.E.N.) Outdoor Education Center.
This campus is the site of the Eckburg Center (opened in November 2007) which is the new fine arts and athletic facility for the Upper School as well as the new daycare/preschool center (opened in August 2008).
On September 17, 1951, Rev. George and Mrs. Harold Deane Akins, launched SCPS as the "Evangelical Bible Institute" with eight students. The school originated with the following mission: "The Bible first, then teaching students how to live and how to make a living." It officially became Savannah Christian School in 1954, and then Savannah Christian Preparatory School (SCPS) in 1978.
The Upper School currently competes in Region 3-A of the Georgia High School Association (GHSA). The Middle School competes in the Savannah Parochial Athletic League (SPAL).
- Boys - football, cross country, basketball, baseball, soccer, golf, track
- Girls - volleyball, cross country, basketball, soccer, golf, track, softball
- Boys - football, cross country, basketball, baseball, soccer, golf, tennis, track, wrestling, lacrosse
- Girls - volleyball, cross country, softball, competitive cheerleading, basketball, soccer, golf, tennis, track, lacrosse
Band is offered to 5th grade, with nearly 70% of the class participating. Students are divided into four groups that meet once per week and perform in concert at least twice each year. Choir is not provided for fifth grade.
Savannah Christian Preparatory School annually produces classic Broadway musical productions with casts of 3rd through 12th grade students.
- Brian Harman - professional golfer
- Diane Lane - actress
- Jalen Myrick - NFL cornerback for the Jacksonville Jaguars
- www.savcps.com - official website